JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Speaking of semi-auto barrels made for the most commonly known manufacturers.
What barrel manufacturers have been the most consistent in accuracy, when it comes to hand guns?

Edit to add more info. Barrels would be for upgrade, or host application.
I have Sigs, Glocks, CZ's, H&K, Springfield 1911, Colt 1911

Last Edited:
That's a pretty vague question, as some manufacturers specialize in certain barrels for particular manufacturers. Might want to get more specific on what brand of firearm....

I've been thinking about getting a 9 mm barrel conversion from my XDM40 and there are 4 that have been mentioned.
Storm Lake, EFK Fire Dragon, Lone Wolf and one I've never heard of Bar-Sto...
No recommendations as I am still in the research mode.
Good luck with your quest.

As someone said depends on the platform you are looking for a barrel for.
I have a couple of EFK fire dragon. they make great products but they make for the brands I use.
What platform you looking for?

Bought a 9mm Lone Wolf for my G27 (so I could swap out the 40cal and "range time" and familiarity with 9mm to save on costs) then put the factory 40 back in when conceal carry.

I can hit a paper plate at 20-25 feet 10 out of 10 times. To me a paper plate represents the same size as a chest area.

As far as I am concerned, the Lone Wolf for $120 worked just as good for me than any $200+ barrel would probably work.

How "accurate" are you looking to get out of a hand gun?

:s0155:

Bought a 9mm Lone Wolf for my G27 (so I could swap out the 40cal and "range time" and familiarity with 9mm to save on costs) then put the factory 40 back in when conceal carry.

I can hit a paper plate at 20-25 feet 10 out of 10 times. To me a paper plate represents the same size as a chest area.

As far as I am concerned, the Lone Wolf for $120 worked just as good for me than any $200+ barrel would probably work.

How "accurate" are you looking to get out of a hand gun?

:s0155:
Everything mentioned comes to mind. There are barrels costing over $200, say for the 1911 platform. In general, I've read other users reviews.
That's the thing, if I can get the same in accuracy by avoiding having to buy a well-known Gucci brand, I'm all for it.
What it looks like on the outside is not my concern.

As someone said depends on the platform you are looking for a barrel for.
I have a couple of EFK fire dragon. they make great products but they make for the brands I use.
What platform you looking for?
H&K VP9SK at the moment.
A couple I've seen advertised, are SilencerCo and Rim Country Manufacturing

I've been thinking about getting a 9 mm barrel conversion from my XDM40 and there are 4 that have been mentioned.
Storm Lake, EFK Fire Dragon, Lone Wolf and one I've never heard of Bar-Sto...
No recommendations as I am still in the research mode.
Good luck with your quest.
Bar-sto has a good rep and has been around longer than the rest. Surprised you hadn't run into it.

Speaking of semi-auto barrels made for the most commonly known manufacturers.
What barrel manufacturers have been the most consistent in accuracy, when it comes to hand guns?

Edit to add more info. Barrels would be for upgrade, or host application.
I have Sigs, Glocks, CZ's, H&K, Springfield 1911, Colt 1911
If you wear one out or blow one up, any'd likely be better than same.

For my glocks I have had good luck with storm lake barrels. Chamber support is much improved over stock and all 4 have been drop in with no issues.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top