JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does any have any ideas for mounting an adjustable cheek rest on a RRA Operator CAR stock?

I know I could purchase a cool Magpul PRS, but I am hoping to come up with something a lot less expensive. I purchased a nylon strap-on cheek rest a while back but it doesn't fit very well and mainly it was a bit too thick. I seem to only need a very small increase in stock elevation. I currently have two ~2" wide x ~4" long strips of steering wheel cover taped on. I know it sounds cheesy but it is just about right if the electrical tape would stay stuck to the stock in the colder temperatures.

I am going to be taking a precision rifle course next month and the course requires an adjustable cheek rest and my current taped on version is not that adjustable. I have looked at the Kartens's custom cheek rest and watched a u-tube video showing how to remold it to fit a thinner stock but I'm not sure if I could be successful in molding it wider to fit my stock. I am almost willing to try it for $60. However, before I attempt any custom work I thought I would put this out to you all that may have more experience than I on this matter.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews