JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Actor Could Get 10 Years for Using Prop Gun Without Permit

http://www.newser.com/story/222497/actor-could-get-10-years-for-using-prop-gun-without-permit.html

The actor had a prior felony conviction.
The prop gun was a "pellet" gun, what ever that means.
The State is New Jersey.

In Hollywood they have prop guns without any holes in them - essentially "blue guns" for actors with legal problems. The big armorers know this and are prepared for it. My guess is the actor didn't bother to mention his conviction to the armorer.

Even so, it's a pellet gun and not a real firearm. There are actual criminals who commit violent crimes who receive less time than that.

Excessive and unnecessary.

Even so, it's a pellet gun and not a real firearm. There are actual criminals who commit violent crimes who receive less time than that.

Excessive and unnecessary.
I took a criminal law class or so in CA way back in the day and a pellet gun there is a firearm. yea, they'll f ya

I took a criminal law class or so in CA way back in the day and a pellet gun there is a firearm. yea, they'll f ya

Technically it is a firearm. It fires a projectile. It is, however, not deadly. And it's CA... didn't expect it to make sense.

In a perfect world, the guy would maybe get some community service and/or a fine. There are rapists and murderers who get less than 10 years - hell, who even face less than 10 years when going to trial.

Not unnecessary!
If you are a political hack in NJ its absolutely necessary! Have to keep the herd in formation and lockstep, can't be bothered with constitutionality and certainly can't allow the peasants to think they're free!:mad:
Boy, that's a lot of superlatives! Really PMO! I remembered, Rubin "Hurricane" Carter. That's an evil government and you couldn't drag me there with buffalo!

BTW, a pellet gun is considered a "real gun" in Portland too! Probably more than 50 yrs ago, my dad and mom and I were shooting pellet guns in our basement! Knock at the door, it's the cops! They were cool about it, but informed my dad that it's illegal to discharge a pellet gun, even in ones basement, in the city limits! They said that this was a warning and if it happened again the pellet guns would be confiscated and we would be subject to arrest!
We were astounded! Seems our neighbor, "Bubblegum for Brains" my dads pet name for him, turned us in after hearing shots!:confused:

BTW, a pellet gun is considered a "real gun" in Portland too! Probably more than 50 yrs ago, my dad and mom and I were shooting pellet guns in our basement! Knock at the door, it's the cops! They were cool about it, but informed my dad that it's illegal to discharge a pellet gun, even in ones basement, in the city limits! They said that this was a warning and if it happened again the pellet guns would be confiscated and we would be subject to arrest!
We were astounded! Seems our neighbor, "Bubblegum for Brains" my dads pet name for him, turned us in after hearing shots!:confused:

We had a similar incident back in Oregon City in the late 70's. My friend and I were out shooting in his backyard and some of our BB's left the property and were hitting other stuff. Police officer walked up to the gate and we got to sit down with him for an hour while he lectured us on the evils of BB guns. He didn't confiscate the gun, but we did lose out on one of our favorite summertime pastimes.

Actually, if you read the local laws around the state, you'll also find that it's illegal in many places, such as Portland, to even shoot a damn slingshot.

I tell ya, we're a damn nation of thumb-sucking p-whipped babies! :mad:

We are becoming a nation of wussies for sure. This was taken off of Amazon, it is a hunk of plastic for God's sake!

Fits 2" standard receivers
  • UV additives for durability and color fastness
  • Manufactured from solid polypropylene
  • Cannot be placed on or displayed on vehicles in FLORIDA, CONNECTICUT, NEW HAMPSHIRE, OR COLORADO. CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA.

claymorehitch.jpg

We are becoming a nation of wussies for sure. This was taken off of Amazon, it is a hunk of plastic for God's sake!

Fits 2" standard receivers
  • UV additives for durability and color fastness
  • Manufactured from solid polypropylene
  • Cannot be placed on or displayed on vehicles in FLORIDA, CONNECTICUT, NEW HAMPSHIRE, OR COLORADO. CANNOT BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA.
View attachment 284491
funny, when I check the gun oils and cleaners on my shelf, the majority of them say "not for sale in california" I have no idea what they can even buy in that state.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top