JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I subscribe and I now notice how often people get within 6 feet of me in public without me seeing them coming. It's rare now and I no longer wear headphones walking at lunch because of that. I also notice sketch dudes in public places that I didn't even know were there before. The videos of idiots using their tool in the wrong circumstances is also instructive.

Anyone who conceal carries should follow this channel. I don't think there's another one like it. I use his videos in my concealed carry course.

It is worth remembering in a SD scenario to A) not talk a whole bunch if at all, but B) don't use the phrase "force multiplier". That guy in the FL parking space shooting used that phrase in his interview with the police and during trial (it's on youtube) the prosecution made this huge deal about how a gun is not a force multiplier -- things like walls or terrain or such are. The defense never countered that.

I don't know which is true, but the lesson I learned is A and B above and to extend on B, none of the other terms that might get bandied about.

Here is the part in the police interview where Drejka uses the phrase "force multiplier" and the police expressing no understanding of what that means:

And how it was used at trial:

Every time I hear the phrase "force multiplier" on ASP, it makes me think of this.

re: not talk a whole bunch if at all
Massad Ayoob recommends saying four things...
  1. that person attacked me
  2. there is the evidence and witnesses
  3. I will sign a complaint
  4. I will talk further after I speak with my attorney

I have binged on the ASP channel. There's good general and specific information. But it gets redundant and John is at times very long winded and over-explains making his videos about twice as long as necessary. The ads are annoying. I generally skip about the first full minute of intro and ads, get to the meat of the video, and then tap out the last few minutes. The meat of most videos is about 1/2 the total length.

My key takeaways.
* Being armed with a gun ON your person is critical. It's rare anyone has time to go get a gun.
* Having a chambered round is the best chance for survival and success. I admit that I've argued against that position in the past depending on how a gun is carried. But almost universally, have a loaded and ready to go gun.
* Situational awareness is critical. Watch and listen to your surroundings. Avoid certain locations at certain times (late night convenience stores and gas stations, loitering on streets, etc.).
* If you can, safely leave. Don't be there. If you sense danger, then leave. Many time the innocent hero intervenes and dies. Don't be the hero. It's tragic to watch someone try to be a hero and die. Many times the innocent people who COULD have left stuck around to watch or comply and ended up dying.
* If you can, wait your turn before drawing and draw without drawing attention. Shoot fast and accurately.
* Generally, every perp should get 1 serving before you go around and give multiple servings. Bullet hits make perps drop guns and otherwise make them change their OODA loop behavior. For instance if you have 3 armed perps in close proximity, deliver 1 shot to each rather than triple taps to each. One hit on all 3 is better than 3 hits on one.
* Obviously focus on the biggest threat first if you can.
* Reloads almost never occur.
* Backup guns are almost never used.
* Most lethal events start and finish relatively quickly, sometimes in seconds.
* Most lethal events are completely nonsense and illogical, and committed over trivial amounts of money, desperation, greed, or egos. Just recognize that people will kill you for NO GOOD REASON - your watch, your wallet, their ego, gang initiation, you were in the wrong place at the wrong time, anything.
* Body armor in some areas and professions is seemingly mandatory.
* Spiritual fitness. Many good people die.

1) Boy, I love it! ***CLANG! HONK! TWEET!** and "Say good night Dick."
2) "Having a chambered round is the best chance for survival and success."
Cond. 3 (Israeli carry) is not only slower, but takes both hands. It also introduces the possibility of failure to feed, particularly if you fumble.
3) "Most lethal events are completely nonsense and illogical, and committed over trivial amounts of money, desperation, greed, or egos."
Yup, pay attention. Head in Rectum Syndrome is a force reducer at best. In addition to negating your sense of hearing, wearing earphones marks you as cattle to the predators. The fact that you are indicates that you are in Condition White.
4) "Most lethal events are completely nonsense and illogical, and committed over trivial amounts of money, desperation, greed, or egos."
Things can go from -0- to Crazy in microseconds. SYG is nice but GFOD is the best alternative if available. If it ain't, the fact that you have a piece and were paying attention at least gives you another choice.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads