JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's great news. Hopefully she can make a full and quick recovery.

As much as I hate cyclists, anyone who trains hard and is in good shape can power back from even major injuries amazingly quick.

I know a cycle instructor had a massive heart attack while teaching a cycle class. Almost a complete blockage near the heart.
She finished her class then was rushed to the hospital, had surgery and was back teaching within a month.
The doctor told her he had no explanation why she survived.

Had another friend who was a big marathon/cross country runner and did a ton of endurance mountain bike races.
He crashed his bike and broke his back.
The doctor told him he may not ride again, should be able to walk, and he would be at least a year before being actice again. A year later he had already clocked about 2000 miles on his bike.

When this thread became active again I avoided looking, thinking there would be bad news. I'm relieved to read she is recovering.

The dangers of bicycling on city streets is part of the reason I bought my first street bike. Motorcycles are much safer.

Heck thats the reason I sold my street bike and stopped riding my mountain bike.
Almost got hit a couple times on the mountain bike.
Ultimately I crashed into a cinderblock retaining way.

But unfortunatley it was from being stupid. Found out stupid actually does hurt.

Rode my first dirt bike at the age of 5. At 16 I bought a street bike, rode it for three weeks before some yahoo made a right turn from the left lane (the one I was in) and took me down. Scrapped up, I pushed the bike home and sold it. Raced hare & hound (AMA district 37) for many years and had my share of broken bones, but at least they were all my fault. Too many idiot drivers out there.

I'm not a big fan of "cyclists" either, but can tell you this lady is not of that kind. She's alright in the head and a kind person. This whole hit & run thing really broke my heart. She did not deserve this.

Spandex mafia, that's rich. Pretty sure I'll be appropriating that in the future, without attribution of course.
another good one for the spandex wearing club---mens division: Plumb smugglers
Rode my first dirt bike at the age of 5. At 16 I bought a street bike, rode it for three weeks before some yahoo made a right turn from the left lane (the one I was in) and took me down. Scrapped up, I pushed the bike home and sold it. Raced hare & hound (AMA district 37) for many years and had my share of broken bones, but at least they were all my fault. Too many idiot drivers out there.

I'm not a big fan of "cyclists" either, but can tell you this lady is not of that kind. She's alright in the head and a kind person. This whole hit & run thing really broke my heart. She did not deserve this.

D-37 racer --Lost Coyotes 1969 to 1975. Rode Bultaco

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads