JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The time has finally come to join the NFA world! On Monday or Tuesday I will create my trust and instantly submit an eform 1 for an SBR, and a form 4 for a can (if I can find what I want in stock). Going the Silencer Shop NFA route for ease of management. Already loaded up my fingerprints and photo.

Let the fun begin!

I've done one Form 1 for an SBR. Took 34 days to get it approved. I haven't done another since, no particular reason. I'm thinking a can this year. :)

Suppress EVERYTHING!

Just kidding!

Its a bumpy ride, that's for sure.

It has its benefits at the end.

Starting with a .30 cal can. I'm sure I'll shortly after end up with dedicated 5.56 and .22
Consider a .46 as well. That opens up 45-70 and down, covers .45acp and if you get the primal, all dead air components are compatible

As an opinion, I probably wouldn't buy another .22 rimfire can if I did it over. I won't shoot lead again after seeing what it did to my Mask, so the point of not using a 5.56 can became moot as going to the high pressure rounds will just blow the carbon build up the rimfire creates

Consider a .46 as well. That opens up 45-70 and down, covers .45acp and if you get the primal, all dead air components are compatible

As an opinion, I probably wouldn't buy another .22 rimfire can if I did it over. I won't shoot lead again after seeing what it did to my Mask, so the point of not using a 5.56 can became moot as going to the high pressure rounds will just blow the carbon build up the rimfire creates
I will take that under consideration.
Though, .45 and 45-70 arent on my radar. .450 BM is a possibility way down the line.

I will take that under consideration.
Though, .45 and 45-70 arent on my radar. .450 BM is a possibility way down the line.
Doesn't have to be .45 caliber. I have a .375 coming that I plan to use it on. It may not be the quietest option, though it is one of the most versatile

I am stuck in the suppress everything stage.

I will say though that I have the exact opposite opinion on .22 rimfire suppression. I find suppressed .22 rimfire to be the funnest thing to shoot suppressed but you are right about the hassle of having to clean compared to centerfire cans.

Just like Lay's potato chips, you can't stop at just one.

I am stuck in the suppress everything stage.

I will say though that I have the exact opposite opinion on .22 rimfire suppression. I find suppressed .22 rimfire to be the funnest thing to shoot suppressed but you are right about the hassle of having to clean compared to centerfire cans.

Just like Lay's potato chips, you can't stop at just one.
To clarify, I wasn't saying I don't like shooting my .22 suppressed, but rather I'd just use a 5.56 model for a rimfire as well. My .22s are threaded 1/2x28 so it's plug and play. I wouldn't do this with solid lead, though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top