Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

? about Sig Sauers

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by The Dude, Apr 14, 2009.

1. The Dude

The Dude The 206, WA Member

Does anyone know if Sig Sauer makes a 45 that holds more than 10+1? If so, do you know the model number(s)? Or maybe they've got some hi-cap 45's coming out soon, does anyone know anything like that?

2. Fobos

Fobos Montana/Oregon Member

Just get a Springfield XD 45. Then you have 13 rounds in the magazine, lifetime warranty and a very accurate handgun (for less than a Sig.)

3. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

Too bad they don't make an XDm45 /drool

4. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

The 45 is in the works....

Scott

5. The Dude

hey Scott, did u mean a high cap 45 Sig is in the works or XDm? In either case do u know more?

6. Bauer

Bauer Washington State New Member

He means the XDm. Go out and shoot the XD and see what you think, unless you are completely against polymer frames.

7. XD45

XD45 Salem, OR Member

I do think Sig Makes a very Fine product, however that being said I love my XD Compact in .45. Not only do you have the option of a shorter 10 round magazine for conceal carry but you also get the extended 13 round full size clip, the best of both worlds!

8. NoAim

NoAim Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Since no one has answered....NO.

Biggest cap is a Sig P220 with standard 8+1 mags or the optional 10+1 from the P220 Combat.

9. The Dude

Tanx 4 the info NoAim. Wonder why they don't wanna make a hi cap 45. I hope they get with it and start makin' 'em since there's no reason not to.

10. NK777

NK777 West of Portland Member

I'm not a huge fan of sig's myself. I'm sure they are high quality weapons but they just don't agree with me.

As for XD's...

I really liked the subcompact XD 9mm but hated the .40 XDM. I have not fired the 45.

45's I like are the following bul M5 1911 or Charles Daly M5 1911 (Same gun BTW). These are high cap 14+1 1911 45's and they are very accurate. I also like pretty much any 1911 45 BTW.

As for a small concealable 45 this is my choice. Taurus PT145 mil pro. SA/DA trigger, 10+1 capacity, teeny tiny gun that fits in a cd soft case. It's 5"x6" if memory serves me. It shoots great, pretty amazing for a tiny gun really.

11. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

The new Sig P250 .45acp fullsize is a 10+1 in std mags and is convertable to other cals.
    I have a couple XD's and for my taste: the Sigs feel more solid as they recoil than do the XD.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009