JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to try an A2 stock on my rifle length AR.

I know Rock River and Palmetto offer a US made mil-spec A2 Stock Kit. A lot of people also seem to like the UTG/Leapers, which is made in Taiwan.

Which of these is the best option? Is there any difference between them?

Many thanks in advance,

RR or Palmetto would be good.
Also anyone supplying NM products would be selling an authentic A2 buttstock.
White Oak
Compass Lake

I've read complaints about Armalite A2 buttstocks having a thin shell.

I consider UTG/Leapers to be a junk brand.
They are trying to make inroads with their Pro line, but they sealed their fate being associated with airsoft stuff.

I've bought a few high end mil spec collapsible stocks over the years and I probably couldn't tell them apart from a recent UTG I grabbed. Pretty surprised at the quality. I had a bone stock A2 rifle and it needed a new bubblegum.

Not sure on A2 style quality from them but they appear to of improved.

You've got my attention.. Can you tell me what about the Windham stock is better? Is it more and better metal components, sturdier, better fit, etc..
The WW stock is a favorite of the Retro M16A2 crowd at ar15.com , it most likely does not have metal door ( Like E Series A1 or Colt USGI A2 ) but the quality is noticeable , you can get the Stock body then order the Colt or USGI metal door & parts from Numrich & Sarco , USGI takeoff stocks from them too , peruse the Retro AR 15 / M16 section of arfcom and the A2 section just below it and there are several in depth recent thread trees there now on A2 stock providers and quality reviews

I see Numrich has the USGI stocks, without buffer/spring, etc. I think once I add the cost of the stock and the hardware kit it's hovering around $90. Windham has a complete kit for $79 w/ free shipping .. So Windham it is.. Placing my order today, very happy :)

Thank you to everyone

I see Numrich has the USGI stocks, without buffer/spring, etc. I think once I add the cost of the stock and the hardware kit it's hovering around $90. Windham has a complete kit for $79 w/ free shipping .. So Windham it is.. Placing my order today, very happy :)

Thank you to everyone
Post up some pics when you are done.
Not enough A2's around.....love 'em...some of the new schitt just doesn't have any soul.

image.jpeg CMMG Dedicated 22 lr Build with NMA2 upper built on CMMG lower

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews