JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chopped mechtec with pistol brace and can and dedicated poly80 lower:

02885FDD-9127-4A74-BFDE-14C5C999948A.jpeg

For the price of what those conversion kits go, it seems a decent carbine could almost be bought. I've never held the Roni conversion in high esteem, it's like slapping a bunch of crap on the pistol and calling it more tactical while the functionality remains effectively the same.

The mech tech option seems more relevant, 16" barrel, stock, or arm brace, ability to take any number of sights. Those in 10mm are quite popular. I could see them also being popular in .45, why anyone would by them in 9mm I don't know when there are so many carbines in 9mm to already pick from.

I've been looking at Carbine kits for my Glock 45. Seen a couple reviews but I wanted to know if any of you boys/gals have them and how do you like them?

so far Micro Roni has caught my attention.
Have had a couple of the Mech-Tech and they are VERY well made and a LOT of fun. The pic here of the one chopped with a pistol brace looks like it would be a great way to do this.

I originally looked at microroni and mechtech before buying a pcc. I ended up getting a Stribog with 3 30 round mags for less money than the mechtech.

in researching the microroni I felt it was more of a dress up kit vs the mechtech actually changes the nature of the gun. I have never shot either of those, just what I concluded from my research fwiw. If u watch videos of micro roni vs mech tech that might be enlightening. U might want to also check out garandthumb and Colin noir's Stribog videos while ur at it (if that is of any interest).

I originally looked at microroni and mechtech before buying a pcc. I ended up getting a Stribog with 3 30 round mags for less money than the mechtech.

in researching the microroni I felt it was more of a dress up kit vs the mechtech actually changes the nature of the gun. I have never shot either of those, just what I concluded from my research fwiw. If u watch videos of micro roni vs mech tech that might be enlightening. U might want to also check out garandthumb and Colin noir's Stribog videos while ur at it (if that is of any interest).

Exactly - for what people pay for these conversions, you can get a whole new gun.

For the OP, if he has a 9mm gun, a 9mm pcc would be the better route. Those stribog look sweet!

Exactly - for what people pay for these conversions, you can get a whole new gun.

For the OP, if he has a 9mm gun, a 9mm pcc would be the better route. Those stribog look sweet!
I sure have enjoyed my Stribog. They are supposed to start importing the roller locked version (called A3) this summer. That version has been in use in Europe for some time (largely in full auto as I understand it). Current version is not as smooth as say an Sp5 ($1600 for clone to $2800 for Hk) but is $630-$650 on sale while A3 version is supposed to be $999. when shooting fast at med to long range (for 9mm I mean) it is just unreal as far as accuracy.

@wired had a great post on one of the Stribog threads where he was comparing recoil of numerous pccs such as mp5, evo, cmmg, Stribog. I'll try to find it.

Here is a short video of the A3 in full auto:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads