JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've collected a handful of store purchased first aid kits, but I have never pieced one together for myself, neither have I pieced one together for a kiddo. Any items that are child related (infant to toddler) or even young kiddo related you have needed and wished you had on hand? Any items in general that are simply not thought of but you have added after you ended up needing it later?

Thanks!

Reno911

Band-Aids are the most often used and used-up items in any First Aid kit. So stock LOTS!:)

What he said - variety being a big factor.

Butterfly bandaids and such will work in a pinch instead of needing stiches.

Basically, I pack what I know how to use. I go thru my daily routine as well as what I might need if I have to walk home or stay in a car durring the winter for an extended time (think stuck on the freeway in ice with too many cars to get anywhere) but that's a little bit SHTF ish so I'm not sure if that counts.

Antibiotic ointment, sunscreen, visien or saline spray, chapstick, bandana, instant ice packs, sports wrap or such, a flashlight and tweezers.

For infants it's not much different. I would highly recommend Pedialite in the powdered singles form and a bottle of water for dehydration (either illness or heat). Diaper rash cream or powder and such should be in your baby bag so I wouldn't count stuff like that in my mind but if your not stocked with that stuff you may want to hit up a newborn forum and poke around there for what you might need.

Again, it's useless unless you know how to use it so that makes it hard to tell someone what to use or stock imo.

Well... The one I carry in my truck has things like nasopharyngeal airways, a bag valve mask, oral glucose & blood sugar kit... BP cuff, Stethoscope... Lots of Sam splints, bandages, a pulse oximetry meter... Even some suture stuff.

Just the stuff to get me by with a patient until the ambulance shows up....

A metric crap ton of stuff. :rolleyes:

Somewhere around here I have a list. I'll post it if I can find it...and figure out how to do that.

I'll also add that you get a much a better kit if you build it yourself...at least I think so. You spend the same amount...maybe even a bit more but you end up with lots of refill supplies...which basically has become the first aid kit for the house, tossed into a big storage tub.

This is the case...
https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Medi...6501388&sr=8-5&keywords=pelican+first+aid+kit

jvoVNeC.jpg

Bought a couple dozen TQ's as a result of realizing how cheap they are compared to how simple they can save a life from hemorrhaging out from a limb wound. A few Israeli bandages, band aids, gauze.

My theory is, I'm not a combat medic, but I also want to be able to stop large loss of blood so that the patient can survive till they get to the hospital where actual life saving medical procedures can take place.

Also give some thought if you happen to have a dog in your life. I've patched up a few pooches over the years that got themselves into assorted mischief. Things like cohesive bandages that stick to themselves, liquid bandage, vet bond...which is really Dermabond but cheaper, a razor to shave fur in a pinch, Benadryl, etc., can be good additions to the kit. :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top