JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone local to Tacoma have the Hill People Gear runners kit? I would like to check one out before deciding to buy.

I'm interested in both a test fit and to see if I can fit a tablet in one for flying.

I'm no longer local, but I have a HP recon kit bag. It's probably the best $100 carry option for fitness, running, outdoors athletic stuff like hiking, biking, etc. I strongly recommend adding the elastic tightening strap/string. Reduces bounce drastically.

My advice.
Recon kit bag will comforably carry 4-5 typical items. Medium gun (CZ 75 compact, HK compact, G23, etc.), keys, phone, wallet, and/or Ipod. If you stuff it you can get all 5. This suits me pretty well for my activity level. I opted for the daisy chain and I do use it from time to time. Adds no real weight or bulk so why not. I got brown, but wish I had gotten black or green.

Runners kit bag is smaller, so plan on less stuff. Probably just gun and very little else. I will probably get one for longer runs.

I tied a holster in mine, so it's rip open and draw 1 handed. I like the setup. It's a very fast draw.

I've tried and abandoned other forms such as belly band style, fanny pack. I sometimes carry backpack but that sacrifices draw time.

I'm worried about the size of the runner kit, but like the look of the rip stop material.

My idea for hikes is for it to be in conjunction with a backpack and have the following
-Sp101 (speed loaders in hip belt pocket)
-phone
-map
-maybe small first aid kit
-fixed blake knife

I'd also like to see if it might be travel friendly for
-surface go
-chargers/cables

I'm worried about the size of the runner kit, but like the look of the rip stop material.

My idea for hikes is for it to be in conjunction with a backpack and have the following
-Sp101 (speed loaders in hip belt pocket)
-phone
-map
-maybe small first aid kit
-fixed blake knife

I'd also like to see if it might be travel friendly for
-surface go
-chargers/cables

Get the recon kit. It's the right size for camping/hiking and the stuff you'll want access to. Material and craftsmanship top notch. Recommend the daisy loops to affix carabiner with compass or whatever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top