JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to travel all the time and had a way to check food places. For breakfast never eat in a chain restaurant, find a good local place with lots of cars at it. Normally it's a family operation that cares about good food. For lunch and dinner stay out of the chain food joints and ask the locals who makes the best food you want to eat.

So, just don't eat at a chain.

I've said it before, if anyone needs to calibrate a time piece, feed me McDonalds, then set it to zero. After EXACTLY 120 minutes I'll be in the bathroom spray painting the toilet brown. Guaranteed.

New record! One hour and 17 minutes after the Big Mac. :mad::D

Odd how McDonalds doesn't do that to me. o_O I don't eat it often, but when I do its like eating anything else.

Guess the clown physiology is superior to that of the human species. :D:rolleyes:

Odd how McDonalds doesn't do that to me. o_O I don't eat it often, but when I do its like eating anything else.

Guess the clown physiology is superior to that of the human species. :D:rolleyes:
Starting to think there might be something TO that crack my nutritionist made about me having "a tyrannosaur GI tract stuffed into a human body"... because I don't get the McDrizzles unless I eat there *a lot*, like multiple meals in a row sustained for several days.

Next time just go to winco and get their lunch box. Condiment packs on the side. Meat, cheese, bread, lettuce. Plus a cookie, small mint, and bag of chips. $3.18 - 98% chance you will not be blowing out your colon afterward. For $2 more add hot soup as a side. Best fastish food you can get. Or just get a Big Bite next time.

Thing is, I usually bring my own lunch that I make at home. But the last couple days I haven't had any lunch fixens and I need to go to the grocery store.

Thing is, I usually bring my own lunch that I make at home. But the last couple days I haven't had any lunch fixens and I need to go to the grocery store.

See my above recommendation. Half the time I forget to make lunch, and often do a winco lunch bevause its almost as cheap as bringing one from home.

So, just don't eat at a chain.
Most chain restaurants don't cook their food they just heat it. It's chain food made for the franchise much like the airlines buy food and serve it. They have poorly trained people in the back heat up the food and put it on a nice plate but they dont' cook in most of those places. Italian, you order lasagne but fact is its premade somewhere else and nuked in the resturant. They can't afford to hire real cooks so the real cooks open their own little place and give you real food.

One day look at the ingredients labels and when you see cellulose it's wood pulp. It's served to people more than they realize. Those days you feel like you just crapped a pine tree... well you did in a way.:D

Most chain restaurants don't cook their food they just heat it. It's chain food made for the franchise much like the airlines buy food and serve it. They have poorly trained people in the back heat up the food and put it on a nice plate but they dont' cook in most of those places. Italian, you order lasagne but fact is its premade somewhere else and nuked in the resturant. They can't afford to hire real cooks so the real cooks open their own little place and give you real food.

One day look at the ingredients labels and when you see cellulose it's wood pulp. It's served to people more than they realize. Those days you feel like you just crapped a pine tree... well you did in a way.:D

But, but, $15 an hour!

Geez dude..why didn't you ask us first? A tuna sandwich from 7-11 is a case of botulism waiting to happen. McDonals is actually a better choice...as you know now. Glad you didn't die though. :)

Geez dude..why didn't you ask us first? A tuna sandwich from 7-11 is a case of botulism waiting to happen. McDonals is actually a better choice...as you know now. Glad you didn't die though. :)

I've got a funny story involving botulism and tuna, but I'm too tired to type it out. :p

I guess not that tired....

When I was a kid, my sister and I looked forward to tuna melts, as it was better than the "steak" she usually served. We grew up poor, so "steak" night was almost expired meat burned to a crisp to make sure it was ok to eat. My dad managed it down, but it was barely "food". The "red stickered" meat that had turned gray but was still in the meat case. Sausage material at best.

So one night tuna melts were on the menu. At the last minute my mom changed her mind and went with something else. I can't remember what. So my sis and I go to bed, while my parents stayed up to watch the 11 o'clock news. They announced a recall on certain lots of tuna that contained botulism. BTW, botulism can kill in 8-12 hours. Not good. Anyway, I was in my room and heard my mom scream and yell. The cans of tuna were still on the kitchen counter and she casually checked the stamps. Yep, the lot numbers were right down the middle for the recall.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top