JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So maybe it's just me, but when we have a shooting in this country the forums become a political and sometimes religious mess. Me being a mod and also an active and outspoken member I tend to sometimes get in the mix.

So this is about my lunch today. I was working at my office and got hungry. I didn't have any food, and I was feeling kinda lazy so I considered lunch options. I have quite a few fast food joints mere minutes away so I fired up their online menus. I ALMOST went with the McDonalds Big Mac meal as I've never had one (@etrain16) but after looking at the nutrition info I bailed. So I stopped at 7-11 to grab a vitamin water instead. Browsing the cases I see their sandwiches (7-11 branded no less) and spot a tuna sandwich. I thought, gee that has to be better than a Big Mac and I happen to like tuna. So I bought it and my vitamin water and went back to the office. It wasn't bad taste wise, and I thought again I made the right choice.

Fast forward a few hours. My belly is actually swollen and bloated. I'm 6'1" and 220. No big boiler, no roll over the belt, but I could lose a few pounds. BUT, I could actually see my belly sticking out and I felt awful.

No problem I thought, I'll go to Noble Woods park and walk it off.......yeah. Right.

I didn't make it more than maybe 100 steps past the restroom and I start to heave. And heave. And then yeah, a fountain of puke emerges from my face as an old man walking his dog approaches. I launch a stream well past the trail edge and I hear him talking but I'm violently expelling my "healthy" lunch and can't make out the words. After about five "fountains" I stop, because the pond is empty. And he's asking me if I'm ok or need a doctor. I instantly felt better and explained the situation. He asked again if I was ok, and we parted ways.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I think the runs from the Big Mac would have been better. :D

Thanks for the heads up.
I like a couple of MacD's double cheeseburgers and fries about once a year or so and I eat those dang things for two days. That's why so rarely, but they taste sooo good and the fries are still pretty much the best. :cool:

So maybe it's just me, but when we have a shooting in this country the forums become a political and sometimes religious mess. Me being a mod and also an active and outspoken member I tend to sometimes get in the mix.

So this is about my lunch today. I was working at my office and got hungry. I didn't have any food, and I was feeling kinda lazy so I considered lunch options. I have quite a few fast food joints mere minutes away so I fired up their online menus. I ALMOST went with the McDonalds Big Mac meal as I've never had one (@etrain16) but after looking at the nutrition info I bailed. So I stopped at 7-11 to grab a vitamin water instead. Browsing the cases I see their sandwiches (7-11 branded no less) and spot a tuna sandwich. I thought, gee that has to be better than a Big Mac and I happen to like tuna. So I bought it and my vitamin water and went back to the office. It wasn't bad taste wise, and I thought again I made the right choice.

Fast forward a few hours. My belly is actually swollen and bloated. I'm 6'1" and 220. No big boiler, no roll over the belt, but I could lose a few pounds. BUT, I could actually see my belly sticking out and I felt awful.

No problem I thought, I'll go to Noble Woods park and walk it off.......yeah. Right.

I didn't make it more than maybe 100 steps past the restroom and I start to heave. And heave. And then yeah, a fountain of puke emerges from my face as an old man walking his dog approaches. I launch a stream well past the trail edge and I hear him talking but I'm violently expelling my "healthy" lunch and can't make out the words. After about five "fountains" I stop, because the pond is empty. And he's asking me if I'm ok or need a doctor. I instantly felt better and explained the situation. He asked again if I was ok, and we parted ways.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I think the runs from the Big Mac would have been better. :D
Can I call you Ralph?

I "rewarded" myself with a couple McDonalds breakfast burritos and, oddly enough, a vitamin water today. That place should be renamed "McSchittums".

9 times since lunch, every time seems like I'm squirting acid and I can feel my pulse in bumhole.

I've said it before, if anyone needs to calibrate a time piece, feed me McDonalds, then set it to zero. After EXACTLY 120 minutes I'll be in the bathroom spray painting the toilet brown. Guaranteed.

Kind of hard to find the quality in fast food. These days I pretty much just get the coffee at McD's. Can't beat it for a buck. Occasionally a breakfast burrito.
Wendy's has the best chicken nugget. Their baked potato is solid and dependable and only a buck. Chik-fil-a has a great deluxe chicken sandwich but their nuggets are loaded down with salt. Thankfully the kids are all in their teens now so I don't have to endure McD's (because of playland) any more. They hate it too now.

All the burger chains have wood pulp in their burgers, that fiber in your diet and grease makes you regular. You eat then you crap. What kills you with the deli sandwiches is they don't clean the condiment containers, they just add too them so the mayo is bad.

Do you have a micro wave?

All the burger chains have wood pulp in their burgers, that fiber in your diet and grease makes you regular. You eat then you crap. What kills you with the deli sandwiches is they don't clean the condiment containers, they just add too them so the mayo is bad.

Yes, I do actually.

I think its Kramer.
Or gotta love that liquid meat Del Taco has yummy..:confused:

Or Taco Bell's grade C "beef product" that requires being boiled in a bag for 20 minutes so the "paste" is fit for human consumption. Yeah, I spent a summer working there in my teens.

Seriously, many are not aware that fast food is like smoking or drinking your body has to get used to that poison your putting in that body. The stuff at these places is not natural to our gut or colon. As humans for some weird reason we feel the need to thrash our insides all done by triggers placed in these foods, sugars and salts and other products make us desire that Big Mac and fries just like a heroine addict.

I am lucky my son works at a local meat processing business, no hormones or added crap. He tells me who they sell to and what they add at the other end. Just glad he works there the meat we get is wow. Like a remember when I was kid meat tasted like this I had forgot until I got some where he works.

This is what me arse feels like right now:

81D2AF33-6A56-43F7-A996-E0A65D4B693E.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews