JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In my shop this morning! 'Something' caught a jackrabbit and had a fine meal of it. Literally nothing left but the rib cage, a couple feet and various entrails scattered around the floor. Too big for a domestic cat to have done so I suspect the local Cougar (the four legged one) spent the night in my shop last night. I'll get some pics up.
jack.jpg
jack1.jpg
jack2.jpg

Last Edited:
You would be surprised at what a domestic cat can do. I had one that not only caught a large wild rabbit, she climbed up a 10 foot tall support beam with it to get on my deck and left it on my door step. Such a lovely gift.

Last Edited:
Thing is I feed all the cats pretty well (feral and domestic) so the need for one to go through this much trouble seems unlikely but who knows. It was a pretty good sized jack also.

I doubt it had anything to do with hunger if was even a normal cat. Just like it is said by Japanese that they have a second stomach that can only be filled with rice, I bet that carnivorous predators, even those domesticated and fed regularly with store-bought food, have a stomach that can only be sated by the occasional free-range kill.

Thing is I feed all the cats pretty well (feral and domestic) so the need for one to go through this much trouble seems unlikely but who knows. It was a pretty good sized jack also.

I feed my cats well too but it doesn't stop them from killing and eating anything they can get their teeth and claws on. Instinct I guess or maybe they just want a change in their diet :)

I would wager that your late night diner only has two legs..... and two wings...
Probably an owl. A cougar would eat it whole, a coyote would pack it off somewhere. I think only an owl or hawk or some kind of raptor could pick the carcass so clean.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top