JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In my shop this morning! 'Something' caught a jackrabbit and had a fine meal of it. Literally nothing left but the rib cage, a couple feet and various entrails scattered around the floor. Too big for a domestic cat to have done so I suspect the local Cougar (the four legged one) spent the night in my shop last night. I'll get some pics up.
jack.jpg
jack1.jpg
jack2.jpg

Last Edited:
You would be surprised at what a domestic cat can do. I had one that not only caught a large wild rabbit, she climbed up a 10 foot tall support beam with it to get on my deck and left it on my door step. Such a lovely gift.

Last Edited:
Thing is I feed all the cats pretty well (feral and domestic) so the need for one to go through this much trouble seems unlikely but who knows. It was a pretty good sized jack also.

I doubt it had anything to do with hunger if was even a normal cat. Just like it is said by Japanese that they have a second stomach that can only be filled with rice, I bet that carnivorous predators, even those domesticated and fed regularly with store-bought food, have a stomach that can only be sated by the occasional free-range kill.

Thing is I feed all the cats pretty well (feral and domestic) so the need for one to go through this much trouble seems unlikely but who knows. It was a pretty good sized jack also.

I feed my cats well too but it doesn't stop them from killing and eating anything they can get their teeth and claws on. Instinct I guess or maybe they just want a change in their diet :)

I would wager that your late night diner only has two legs..... and two wings...
Probably an owl. A cougar would eat it whole, a coyote would pack it off somewhere. I think only an owl or hawk or some kind of raptor could pick the carcass so clean.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews