JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Portland classic won't be Portland Classic any more. Go figure! West Linn will be getting the money this year. And probably for years to come!

I'm not a golf fan, but I live up here and drive by the club from time to time. This thing is HUGE up here. Thousands of people from all over the country come for this. It's just one more thing feckless tod whalen and his crew of feckless have screwed the once beautiful and fun Portland out of.

Portland Classic leaves Portland... that's just classic Portland.

Businesses have been pulling out of Portland for years, citing crime and vagrants causing dangerous situations for employees and clients... but the city still does not take the required actions, and continues to make excuses.

(Edit: If only certain politician's parents took the lead of those businesses pulling out... we might be in a better situation today.)

-Robert

Last Edited:

Businesses have been pulling out of Portland for years, citing crime and vagrants causing dangerous situations for employees and clients... but the city still does not take the required actions, and continues to make excuses.

-Robert
Make excuses? I didn't think the made excuses, because its' to difficult when they are sitting on their thumbs! :s0140:

The wokescolds in Portland are now also messing with the Blazers. I bet $100 most of these people don't even watch sports.

That city used to have great alternative rock bands and great strip clubs. There was a very cool hobby shop in NE, near Hollywood District where WWII nerds like myself would congregate. It was really fun living there. I'm not sure when everything up there became politicized. It has become shockingly pretentious and self-righteous. I was at a taphouse in SE a month ago. The hostess took a look at my wife and I and barely wanted to help us. Prejudged us just like that.

Last Edited:
The wokescolds in Portland are now also messing with the Blazers. I bet $100 most of these people don't even watch sports.

That city used to have great alternative rock bands and great strip clubs. There was a very cool hobby shop in NE, near Hollywood District where WWII nerds like myself would congregate. It was really fun living there. I'm not sure when everything up there became politicized. It has become shockingly pretentious and self-righteous. I was at a taphouse in SE a month ago. The hostess took a look at my wife and I and barely wanted to help us. Prejudged us just like that.
Which tap house?

I have visited some pretentiously staffed Portland businesses. If/when they get prissy I know juuuust the right ways to antagonize them... most of it is just being myself lol. But, hey that's what Portland is encouraging right? "Keep Portland Weird"

-Robert

You know, it was one of the bigger tap houses. I don't want to get the kid in trouble, never know who is reading this. I'm sure her views are well known to her co-workers. Just because she is a jerk, I'm not going to be a jerk. But I am going to sit down and demand to be served the same as everyone else, when I have otherwise done nothing wrong.

Anyway I'm sorry I got off topic.

The same problems which face the Portland Classic are also an obstacle to Major League Baseball in Portland. The MLB has been considering Portland for some time but safety concerns are a major obstacle.

You've got people who will do anything to feel like they're good people, working hand in hand with (or for) people who want to destroy the American way of life. Neither will ever be willing to consider your point of view. That's not necessarily everyone who's pushing this garbage philosophy, but it seems to be a substantial portion of them.

Well then what do you look like? Was it the MAGA hats? :) Curious about the hobby shop in NE near the Hollywood District. I live just up the road from that. Since '83. "Keep Portland Weird" used to be fun.

Well then what do you look like? Was it the MAGA hats? :) Curious about the hobby shop in NE near the Hollywood District. I live just up the road from that. Since '83. "Keep Portland Weird" used to be fun.
I'm not an especially remarkable man. I don't wear MAGA hats or Magpul t-shirts. I think it was the no tattoos, no piercings, and short hair that screams "breeder" and "capitalist".

Bridgetown Hobbies was the place.. Man I loved it there. You could wander in after work and wind up talking about stuff with a random fellow enthusiast for hours. I bought as much stuff as I could from them, but ultimately they could not survive the internet. I think it was on Sandy Blvd. I really have good memories from that shop.

(Edit: If only certain politician's parents took the lead of those businesses pulling out... we might be in a better situation today.)

-Robert
You forgot, Potlands inviting tax structure on small businesses! I couldn't even begin to count how many small businesses have come and gone because of the taxes there, and the rest of the state!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top