JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Another part of the problem is the recent popularity of Tannerite. I know of people who have placed Tannerite 'targets' inside objects for the resulting effect. I also does not help when some of the gun related shows (Sons of Guns & Wild West Guns) seem to show nothing more than exploding targets on their final shoot for their customers, with some of them not looking too safe given what I have seen. I mean really - is it that exciting to shoot at an exploding target? Is accuracy on a paper target no longer a part of traditional marksmanship? Sorry but shooting at an exploding target seems boring and stupid to me.

Chipping away at another fun firearm related past time like exploding targets eh, when its not 'assault rifles' its exploding targets for you, that seem "stupid". Most people I know that like to shoot tannerite don't put it in anything extra, just the little plastic container its meant to be shot with & that gets disintegrated. Oh well if you don't like exploding targets, some & many of us do.

We have found the same issues were we shoot out past Washougal. Time before last that we went, I pretty much filled the bed of my truck with 2 shot up computer monitors, shot up fire extinguisher, beer cans, and trash from drinking, and lots of 12g shells. We even hauled out an old shot up clothes dryer that may have been a casualty of the Tannerite or something explosive from the looks of it. I am used to this as an ATV/motocross rider I have found that if I want the areas kept clean, I need to set a good example. Jones Creek Trailriders that I was formerly a member of practices good stewardship by throwing clean up parties as well as trail repair parties. Great group of guys that I miss since selling the riding toys.

I have always taken extra big green trash bags with me, but after reading some of these posts, I should probably start bringing latex gloves to protect from the human waste that is possible to find. :s0131::huh:

I have always taken extra big green trash bags with me, but after reading some of these posts, I should probably start bringing latex gloves to protect from the human waste that is possible to find. :s0131::huh:

The human waste would have been left by wastes of oxygen who are dumping in these spots. I'm actually surprised I haven't run into any.

I keep gloves with in my vehicle for medical, automotive, or any situation where I'm dealing with chemicals like gun cleaning solvents/gasoline. I figured I've gotten enough chemicals on my hands through cleaning guns when I was a child.

I don't like wasting my trash bags on the crap I find out there.

BUT I do pack *just about* everything I bring out, and often times fill the bed of my truck with more than a fair share of trash. Yes, I tarp it so i don't just spread it around while driving. The only thing I can remember leaving is busted clays, but those are biodegradable.

People are bubblegumty. No two ways about it.

here's the incredible thing.. most Goodwill locations in WA state (maybe OR too?) will take ANY electronics for recycling, no charges, no questions asked. it takes less effort to get rid of your electronics this way. oh, but Bubba doesn't get to see them explode.

I think I read in a recent post on here about how we could really use mandatory military service, if nothing else to learn a little respect, and self respect.

Before we start with mandatory military service, let's treat the present troops better than we do. Especially the returning disabled vets. We also should also keep in mind, some returning vets go back to their gangs and are so well trained, they become gang leaders or enforcers at home.

Personally, I'd prefer mandatory voting.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top