JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wondering what the difference is between "M" models and "G" models. On Glock's website when I look under models, the only show "G" models. When I am looking around Cabela's website, I see both "M" and "G" models. Can anyone explain?

What's the difference between Gxx and Mxx designations?

There is no difference. Glock models are usually referred to as Gxx, which means "Glock xx" (i.e. G17 for Glock 17). However, they are sometimes called Mxx, which means "Model xx" (i.e. M17 for Model 17).

There is no difference. Glock models are usually referred to as Gxx, which means "Glock xx" (i.e. G17 for Glock 17). However, they are sometimes called Mxx, which means "Model xx" (i.e. M17 for Model 17).

Yep! That ^ I've noticed the military guys like to refer to them as "M" followed by which ever model it may be, haha... Makes it sound more official or something.

There does appear to be a difference.
- M23 is 6 & 7/8 inches long weighing 23.6 ounces $549
- G23 is 8 inches long weighing 25 ounces $599

I looked over some of the specs on the cabela's website for other M and G's with the same XX, and there are differences...and the prices are different.

I have never even held a Glock, but i can Google, and that is how I found the info I posted.

So I won't vouch for the accuracy of any thing I post on this forum.

<broken link removed>

The difference could be between the Basic, Compensated, and Compensated Competition versions they offer. But those should be designated as XX, XXC, XXCC, or they could be a short frame version XXSF, or a long Slide XXL.

So I have little to no idea.

Like said above listing/description will be bulk. May be Gen 3/4 or Cabelas run but a Glock is a Glock. Glocks are black and slide treatment is tenifer- they're the same gun man.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top