Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A Permit Holder Stopped The Mall Shooting?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by idRATHERbeOUTDOORS, Dec 16, 2012.

1. idRATHERbeOUTDOORS

idRATHERbeOUTDOORS Yamhill County Active Member

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Wow,interesting

ShootFirst and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ShootFirst

ShootFirst Southern Oregon Active Member

Yep most definitely

4. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

He did the right thing up to that point. He assessed his own abilities and realized
    he could just as easily cause collateral damage, but, he was ready if the situation
    should change. The real world isn't Hollywood.:thumbup:

Jack...:cool:

5. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

After the shooting, my friend and I were talking about the horrible situation and we were like.... man, where the heck are the CHL holders?. Glad to see one of us out there. I am so glad I have a CHL and I hope I never have to use deadly force but I guess the bad guy will make that decision for me.

Adam12 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. netcarrier

netcarrier Portland, Oregon Active Member

Hi All,

I think that if the shooter (Roberts) Saw Nick Meli hold a gun on him He (The Shooter) may have said to himself The Cop are here I got to go. So he (The Shooter) got out of there and Shot himself because he did not want to go to jail.

Just my two cent,
    Tony Portland, Oregon Area

7. Gratefulguy1234

Gratefulguy1234 Western Washington New Member

I've been saying the same thing, where were the concealed carry guys? I know there were a ton of armed folks in there, and sure sounds like this fella did the right thing. Good stuff.
    Scott

8. lst1166

lst1166 Oregon Member

9. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe it was you that posted this in another thread, but I did see it on the local (portland) news first. But, thanks for sharing for the folks that didn't!

10. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Theyankeemarshall. Posted a great youtube video about this that makes alot of good points

11. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll get right on that one.

Y'all realize,that except for Oregon,the Clackamas mall shooter went by the way side as he should have.
    Unfortunately,because of the Newtown shooting. But he wanted fame and only got his 15 minutes.

Too bad we can't do the same for Adam.

12. kubrick

kubrick Portland, OR Member

Isn't the mall a gun free zone? If one abides by the wishes of the owners, then one wouldn't carry there. Also, just because I and others might have a CHL doesn't mean I'm some sort of superhero and would run through the mall trying to hunt this guy down. It would be like this guy who was in the vicinity and drew on the shooter who then ran off.

13. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

Sounds like a young guy with a good head on his shoulders.

14. FortunateSon

FortunateSon Marion County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I was watching a national news special this morning, of course with panelists on both sides of the weapons ban issue. It was pointed out by one of the "pro-gun" panelists that the Clackamas Mall shooting was effectively interrupted by a citizen (CHL holder) who lawfully drew his weapon in response.

It is nice to see our side being represented by the national media for a change. I've said it before - if we don't speak out then the only side being heard will be the pro-ban fanatics. With what happened in Newtown, it is unfortunate that this is being discussed so soon but that is the way it is. Even our president couldn't resist the opportunity to make a policy statement while giving public condolences at the memorial. What does that tell you about what we are up against?