JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I added a log of my latest adventure on another thread so I'll C&P it here since it happened during the new season...:D

Well let's set the tone for Tuesday's fishing trip on the Chehalis river.
Let's just say that it was quite the adventure with the forecast of rain & a little wind...

My one armed fishing buddy JC (he's got two but one just dont work very well) & I arrived at the ramp as always (about 7 am), there was a slight drizzle present so we launched the fish killer (FK, for future reference). As the FK slid off the trailer the raindrops started getting a little bigger, larger & then someone gutted the heavens!!!!! Good Lawdy it was a torrent made of sheets of sideways rain!!!!
Ole JC opted to wait and don his raingear on the boat.... big mistake for a country boy born & raised in McCleary Warshington... WTH was he thinking? (clearly he weren't) He crawled onto the bow as I was backing away from the ramp & exclaimed loudly, "well do ya think it's gonna rain"? He was wetter than a mad hen....
Did I mention that with the rain came with 40 MPH gusts? Well let me tell ya that it was a ripping incoming tide with a constant Westwind and we were trolling about 10 MPH goin upriver!!!!
Well, while JC was trying to keep the FK from swirling in a circle & bumpin off the banks, I feverishly readied the trolling gear. I opted to use hardware for the day as the herring would not have lasted 30 seconds in this current. Kinda like trollin fer TUNA!!!

AS I finished setting the rods in the holders I came inside the cabin to show JC how he should have been anticipating the gusts & turning appropriately instead of piloting like a crew of drunk sailors, a gust turned the FK sideways!!!!! I laughed & said let this be a lesson....:p:p:p

Well let me tell ya that this adventure taughtme two things, never let a one armed man pilot yer FK in a natural disaster and try & remember the dry trips when it don't matter that your raingear should have been replacedbefore the rainy season.... I was wetter thanJC's mad hen....:p:p:p And we had neery abite & the seals were also quite wet.............:eek::eek::eek:o_O

I figured I'd explain the "wetter than a mad hen" comment before all y'all start posting; WTH, say what & the like. Well it references a saying an eon ago down south, madder than a wet hen (a play on words)..... It seemed fitting as we were really really wet....:D:D:D

That's funny, I'm laughing just imagining JC sopping wet and cussing up a storm the whole time.
Did he at least keep his cigarettes dry?

Ray

I've seen you write about getting down here to Merwin and/or Yale for kokanee I think? If so I might like to meet up some time next spring if that water is ever on you schedule. I run a boat pretty good and know how to back a truck/trailer.

As far as that back, shoulder and neck crap goes I've been dealing with that for probably 5-6 yrs now. I've been drinking this nasty tasting turmeric and "Curcumin" (black pepper extract) elixir before bed. It's made one hell of a difference in those aches and pains. You know, the ones the doctor tells you are because you're getting old? Arthritic? "Synchro Gold" Synchro Gold Liposomal Turmeric
I wouldn't have bought into crap like this but one of my customers with chronic pain issues gave me a half a bottle and said "YOU HAVE TO TRY IT". The stuff has mad a HUGE difference for me. Like night and day. That and cortisone shots in the knee and shoulder joint.

I will make trips to Merwin & maybe even Drano this spring. It is about a 2+ hour drive for me so I will bring my camper down to cut my costs.
It's always good to have an old hand in the boat & someone to back the trailer down when done for the day.;)

I'll check into that Synchro Gold, thanks for that.;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top