Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Seattle Area bank access and is it Trout season yet?

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by TDH, Mar 16, 2016.

1. TDH

TDH Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just found out I'm heading to Seattle area tomorrow and the Mrs. suggested I bring a pole. Just wondering are any rivers open for trout/bass/whatever yet? Probably bring my fly pole, and spinner, but won't be wading. I saw Angle Lake, and possibly Green Lake - but noticed Duwamish River on the map.
    Unlike the Oregon regs that say - this river opens this date, I can't seem to find that for WA. Probably need to get off the tablet. :) Anyway - is the Duwamish open, and if so any good bank access from Angle Lake up to Seattle?

Thanks

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

My kids learned how to fish on Angle lake 25 years ago.
    Only fished for trout off the dock in the summer & have no idea what it's like now.
    Hope this helps.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/washington/1/

3. TDH

Thanks Caveman - I'm going to get my license and plan on stopping there, I found a shop by where I'm staying so I'll go chat them up as well.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  4. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Are you sure fishing is what she meant by bringing a pole:p

Serioulsy though, the Green/Duwamish is closed.
    According to the regs (page 87) both Angle and Green Lakes are "year-round lakes", rules of which are on pages 16-17.
    Lake Washington is open for trout.
    The Sammamish river is open for catch and release

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01726/wdfw01726.pdf

Hope this helps.

Ray

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

Greenlake is open year-round and has been fairly productive the last couple of weeks.
    WDFW used to dump upwards of 20,000 trout in there a year, but haven't been doing that lately.
    If you're going to fly fish it, use a strike indicator and a red chironomid pattern; fish from the docks near the shell house (look for the cement stadium-looking thing with a big, green "G" painted on it). Otherwise, it's a Powerbait show.

6. TDH

Good point, but I don't want to risk either option by asking for clarification! :D And thank you for the heads up on the Green/Duwamish!

7. TDH

Perfect, I was planning on bringing chironmoids, got some read ice cream cones ready to roll, and Powerbait! Thanks!