JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just found out I'm heading to Seattle area tomorrow and the Mrs. suggested I bring a pole. Just wondering are any rivers open for trout/bass/whatever yet? Probably bring my fly pole, and spinner, but won't be wading. I saw Angle Lake, and possibly Green Lake - but noticed Duwamish River on the map.
Unlike the Oregon regs that say - this river opens this date, I can't seem to find that for WA. Probably need to get off the tablet. :) Anyway - is the Duwamish open, and if so any good bank access from Angle Lake up to Seattle?

Thanks

Thanks Caveman - I'm going to get my license and plan on stopping there, I found a shop by where I'm staying so I'll go chat them up as well.

Just found out I'm heading to Seattle area tomorrow and the Mrs. suggested I bring a pole. Just wondering are any rivers open for trout/bass/whatever yet? Probably bring my fly pole, and spinner, but won't be wading. I saw Angle Lake, and possibly Green Lake - but noticed Duwamish River on the map.
Unlike the Oregon regs that say - this river opens this date, I can't seem to find that for WA. Probably need to get off the tablet. :) Anyway - is the Duwamish open, and if so any good bank access from Angle Lake up to Seattle?

Thanks

Are you sure fishing is what she meant by bringing a pole:p

Serioulsy though, the Green/Duwamish is closed.
According to the regs (page 87) both Angle and Green Lakes are "year-round lakes", rules of which are on pages 16-17.
Lake Washington is open for trout.
The Sammamish river is open for catch and release

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01726/wdfw01726.pdf

Hope this helps.

Ray

Greenlake is open year-round and has been fairly productive the last couple of weeks.
WDFW used to dump upwards of 20,000 trout in there a year, but haven't been doing that lately.
If you're going to fly fish it, use a strike indicator and a red chironomid pattern; fish from the docks near the shell house (look for the cement stadium-looking thing with a big, green "G" painted on it). Otherwise, it's a Powerbait show.

Good point, but I don't want to risk either option by asking for clarification! :D And thank you for the heads up on the Green/Duwamish!

Greenlake is open year-round and has been fairly productive the last couple of weeks.
WDFW used to dump upwards of 20,000 trout in there a year, but haven't been doing that lately.
If you're going to fly fish it, use a strike indicator and a red chironomid pattern; fish from the docks near the shell house (look for the cement stadium-looking thing with a big, green "G" painted on it). Otherwise, it's a Powerbait show.

Perfect, I was planning on bringing chironmoids, got some read ice cream cones ready to roll, and Powerbait! Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top