JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As much as I disagree with the ATF it isn't surprising. With the .50 BMG upper the lower essentially becomes a trigger housing, instead of a receiver.

With this rule they should at least say lowers without a magwell don't count as a receiver.

The ATF never has, and never will make any sense when it comes to what part is a gun.
The upper could be the gun? Or the lower? Whichever is the serial numbered part.

Take the AR-15 and Sig-556 for example. Both have a clear upper and lower.
But with the Sig-556 you can buy a 550 lower through the mail. It's a gun part. The fact it has a trigger group and mag well doesn't count for chit! The upper is the serials numbered part.

As for being consistent? Tell me how that makes any sense? :s0153:

Last Edited:
They did this with some belt fed uppers too.

Given their stated reasoning, I don't see how it applies to either; as far as I know, none of these uppers include the trigger (the "firing mechanism" or the hammer) - although I you easily could argue the firing pin is a "firing mechanism". In which case, which part is the receiver? ATF says it is both? The bolt on an AR has a firing pin too, but they don't rule that the standard upper of an AR is a receiver just because the firing pin is in the bolt.

confused-alu6i8v.jpg

From the arbitrary and confusing nature of the decision (IMO), how can one not help but think that this decision is not politically motivated?

So, those who voted for Trump because he was supposedly pro-gun; how is that working out for you?

They did this with some belt fed uppers too.

Given their stated reasoning, I don't see how it applies to either; as far as I know, none of these uppers include the trigger (the "firing mechanism" or the hammer) - although I you easily could argue the firing pin is a "firing mechanism". In which case, which part is the receiver? ATF says it is both? The bolt on an AR has a firing pin too, but they don't rule that the standard upper of an AR is a receiver just because the firing pin is in the bolt.

View attachment 508304

From the arbitrary and confusing nature of the decision (IMO), how can one not help but think that this decision is not politically motivated?

So, those who voted for Trump because he was supposedly pro-gun; how is that working out for you?

Like you and I both have pointed out. The ATF never has been consistent.

As to Trump?
He just gave me the most AR-15 friendly Supreme court justice ever! :s0155:

I have a approval letter for the 80% Glock auto sear's. (Tech Branch)
That I invented many moon's ago.

NOW a decade later..............

A letter from ATF in ( Seattle) saying they are illegal and I never had a determination from Tech.
Figure that one out.

D-bag's in ATF are Lifer's it doesn't matter who the president is.

Most government workers don't make much money on the front end but some do get a powerful pen. Whether they will or won't sign a marriage license for gays or decide on their lonely what a gun is. They do it because they can and maybe for attention.

Most government workers don't make much money on the front end but some do get a powerful pen. Whether they will or won't sign a marriage license for gays or decide on their lonely what a gun is. They do it because they can and maybe for attention.

That actually is the best answer Ive heard and very accurate the reality is all offices in this government we have,do what they do for power and influence. Rights and the Constitution are not even and after thought. The Patriot Acts was one of the few just out right things that violated rights across the board, and over a decade later there it sits.

Last Edited:
Yeah back in July when this came out everybody was theorizing it was because of 3d printed guns possibly... Because the harder part to reproduce was the part that withstands the high-pressure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top