JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I started searching for an "affordable" air rifle scope that touted itself as built to withstand the recoil from spring powered break action air rifles . I wasnt having much luck as most of the scopes were only available attached to a new air rifle and not sold seperately . I happened to be in a small chain store outlet called BIG R ( Ranch Wholesale ) yesterday and was in their air rifle and accessories section and saw a scope packaged in the clear plastic with the Winchester name on it . It was a decent looking 3x9 unit in a matte black finish complete with a pair of medium height dovetail mounting rings for about $37.00 . Reading through their list of features and they stated "made to withstand the recoil of spring powered break action air rifles" . They also went on to say they could be used on other rifles . I just mounted it but will have to wait a week or so for the winter blast to let up to shoot it and after I do and check to see if it holds zero I will post a review . If it does these may well be suitable for .22 rimfires as well .

10 Spot

I have one with the Winchester name on it and 2 others that are the same scope but labeled different.
i'm not sure who actually makes them but there very common.
The problem you will find is that the parallax is set for 50yds.
anything over 5 or 6 power it will be blurry at 25yards or less.
The scopes hold up ok but the rings they give you are junk.
On one I couldn't even zero the scope the canted it so bad. I put some RWS rings I had on and no problem.

Thanks for the insight ar-don . I have an old set of nice dovetail medium rings from Millet and will put them on before I start . As for the parallax it should work out fine for me as I dial my Beeman S1 at 30 yds. and tend to shoot on 5 power anyway . Only use the higher powers for magnafied viewing . Same goes for my centerfire rifles .

10 Spot

I've got a Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x32 on mine. I think I paid 70 or 80 bucks for it? This place has a list of air gun scopes, most with reviews, and a rating to go with them. <broken link removed>

I have had good luck with a Chinese Leapers scope from Pyramid Air (online) on my RWS spring piston rifle. They have a wide variety of air gun scopes.

the most important thing is to buy one that is designed for a air rifle. Some people try to put a rifle scope on a air rifle and they lose the cross hairs within a few shots. Air rifle scopes are designed for the type of recoil of a air rifle which is in both directions. I have a beeman on my air rifle and never had a problem. good luck

Hi All,
I too have a springer and have picked up a Center Point scope for it. The C.P. scope is suppose to handle the vibrations of a air rifle and so we shall see. I did call Center Point to confirm this and they said it should not be any problem. I went crazy and picked up their 4 to 16 w/A.O. and Illuminated Recticle for about 70.00 at wally mart.
BVE

Yeah Baron Von Evil,

I know the feeling...I emptied out my AR spare parts drawer when I got my Crosman M-177.
A $70.00 scope, flashlight and a red laser on a 45 degree side mount. I call it my "Pump Up Rat Shooter".

sM4-177-4_zps50dd465d.jpg

I know it's an old thread, but I did just pick up a multi-pump than had an added Bushnell 4x Custom .22 on it. It's dead accurate, but I don't think it is spring-gun rated, and frankly, I am kinda worried about leaving it on the Crosman pump.

Do you think I should pull it? I don't want to wreck it, but it is SO stinking accurate...

Hi Qjay,

If your Crosman is a multi-pump you may be okay. You are filling an air chamber in your rifle by pumping and releasing the pressure by pulling the trigger.

Break barrel ,single spring cocking air rifles are usually the hardest on regular rifle scopes. By cocking the break barrel air rifle, you are compressing a heavy spring that drives a piston forward once the trigger is pulled. The spring will oscillate within the air cylinder and the oscillations of the spring are what are really hard on the internal bits of a rifle scope.

If you have any doubts, you should contact bushnell and give them the model of your scope and the make & model of rifle you are using it on. They should be able to tell you if it will be a safe combination.

Hope this helps
B.V.E.

That actually helps a lot! Thanks!

I'll give them a shout on the website, because this thing was letting me pick which pine needle I was going the break in half from about 20 feet out. With a rest and 8 pumps, that Crosman 760 let me chase a dime around on the gravel.

I figured the scope was okay on the plinker, but it's a nice scope, $50 to replace it, so I think I'll treat it right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top