Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A day for reflection

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dave Workman, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

(This column asks readers to share their reflections about the year past and what lies ahead. COMMENTS section is open. Be safe!)

Tomorrow, a day for reflection about troubling times and what’s ahead

As the nation woke up this morning to news of yet another shooting involving a white police officer and a black suspect in a St. Louis suburb, one might be compelled to wonder on this Christmas Eve whatever happened to “peace on earth, good will toward men?”

http://www.examiner.com/article/tomorrow-a-day-for-reflection-about-troubling-times-and-what-s-ahead

2. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

What happened to ''Peace on earth. And good will toward men''?

It flew over the magic rainbow. On a unicorn sprinkled in pixy dust!

Evil dose not take time off. Or give quarter.
    Love those people that can receive it. And pity the people twisted by hate.

Just don't ever trust them to be anything but what the are.:(

orygun likes this.
  3. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

(HA!) Hey stick this over in the COMMENTS section below my examiner column. I really like this.
    You have a Merry Christmas too!

;)

4. Kimber Custom

Kimber Custom Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Anytime someone asks me if I need anything else or if there's anything else they can help me with - I reply: peace on earth and good will toward man.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  5. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Of all the things that have accumulated to make the events of today happen I would say the biggest is our men are raised without fathers. Destroy the family and you destroy the nation.o_O

6. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Really hate the media. Every single outlet i have seen has said the same thing.

"White officer shoots Black teenager"

They go straight to the race of each individual and that just fans the flames of people thinking it's race related. Then they fail to mention until well into most the articles that the "teenager" was actually an adult and that he himself was armed and pointed his gun at the officers which caused them to shoot in the first place. The media likes to stir the pot and are one of the biggest contributing factors to these 'protests' cough cough i mean riots.

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

News flash; there hasn't been "peace on earth" since that "fateful day" in the garden of Eden, and there NEVER will be as long as the Lord tarries.

Work toward, and pray for a reasonably quiet and peaceful life, even as the world burns around you. That's what is available, as long as the Lord tarries.

BoonDocks36 and Monica Cowles like this.
  8. Bogey182

Bogey182 Dallas Member

I would give up all of my guns and wouldn't need them, if man would pick up a Bible read the words and understand them. We wouldn't have these problems.

9. Stomper

I hear what you're saying, but all too many a man (and woman) has picked up that bible, understood the words... then weaponized it and used it for their own quest for power and filthy lucre.

Mikej and BoonDocks36 like this.
  10. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

As Frank Zappa so eloquently wrote:

bnsaibum and Stomper like this.
  11. Stomper

The guy was a genius, except for when it came to picking names for his kids. ;)

BoonDocks36 likes this.