JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How is this even possible... the noodles have like virtually no nutritional value and dried up. Whats there to spoil?

Probably varies by the particular variety, but they contain egg plus chicken, shrimp or beaver meat.

The main reason they go rancid is simply because the cheap plastic packaging itself is still permeable to a degree.
Actually, ramen is fairly high in fat. Each package contains 14g of total fat and 7g of saturated fat, mostly in the form of palm oil. It is probably the fats and oils that go rancid after long term storage.

Reading labels is fun, guys.

I had company from Japan stay for a bit and she brought spicy tonkotsu ramen from the Kyushu region of Japan. Vegetables here aren't authentic and just leftovers I had in the fridge.

20231112_180114.jpg

I buy a couple of cases of Nissin Ramen. It comes in handy when the power goes out in the fall and wintertime. My wife starts with the basic ramen then adds either chicken or vegitable broth in. Then she adds fish balls, potstickers or cuts up some chicken breasts. She then adds vegitables and mushrooms. We eat that either for lunch or dinner.

I had company from Japan stay for a bit and she brought spicy tonkotsu ramen from the Kyushu region of Japan. Vegetables here aren't authentic and just leftovers I had in the fridge.

View attachment 1761567
Yer welcome! :s0140:

Kyushu is my "home". Spicy tonkatsu egg ramen is a specialty dish in the Oita and Miyazaki prefectures. Very rural Eastern Kyushu coast region and considered "down home comfort food".

Ripping tasty stuff!

Dam.

I'm not really a fisherman, but, never woulda thought.

We usually buy these at Uwaijimaya but live in Washington State but you might be able to get them at other asian grocery stores. We have gone to the asian market for a while not sure if they are still avalble or not.

RE : The salt and flavor packet.

Ever tried the Korean Brand? Like.....
View attachment 1493475
I've seen it available at Wally World, Freddy's and BiMart. And/Or, the Korean store (Boo Han) on 82nd Ave. and of course in a variety of Asian markets.

Warning : Spicy means SPICY. I normally only use half of the flavor packet. And, I'll add my own Kim Chee.

This brand, has that foil type of packaging. Unlike Top Ramen and some of the other Japanese brands.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........save the other half of the flavor packet. I've used it to spice up my Japanese brands of ramen.
Add a whipped egg and some protein steak chicken whatever your poison thin slice some carrot and zecchini and it is a game changer from average to wham !

I buy a couple of cases of Nissin Ramen. It comes in handy when the power goes out in the fall and wintertime. My wife starts with the basic ramen then adds either chicken or vegitable broth in. Then she adds fish balls, potstickers or cuts up some chicken breasts. She then adds vegitables and mushrooms. We eat that either for lunch or dinner.
Must be a lot of work, cutting off all those fish balls. Any particular kind preferred?

Dam.

I'm not really a fisherman, but, never woulda thought.
Damn thread resurrections!...any way...

I've caught and cleaned a lot of fish in my time. And frequently sorted through the innards to see what they were eating. But I NEVER saw any balls. Unless we're talking "Milt Sacs" that is?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top