JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
RE : Post #18

If you want to experiment a bit.

Try breaking up the noodles.
Place the broken noodles into a small bag.
Toss in, as much of the flavor packet, as you dare.
Then, eat the noodles.

My son use to do it, as a replacement to eating potato chips.

Aloha, Mark

RE : Post #18

If you want to experiment a bit.

Try breaking up the noodles.
Place the broken noodles into a small bag.
Toss in, as much of the flavor packet, as you dare.
Then, eat the noodles.

My son use to do it, as a replacement to eating potato chips.

Aloha, Mark
Alternative experiment... if you crack them into halves at the horizontal fold... you can use them in place of bread for a PBJ... or ramen grilled cheese sammy... etc.
1695622898152.png

Well, this is all very good however I'll try to 'bleach wash' the top Ramen out of your eyes with an 'experiment' I finally tried on my griddle tonight.

Egg washed and floured chicken breast strips griddled with peanut oil. They came out BETTER than I expected, very crispy and accomplished with about 90% less oil than deep frying.

They would have been better with some dippin' sauce and a better spice mix in the flour but this was just a 'test run' and will be improved on in the future!

View attachment 1493480
What, no lemon pepper?! :eek:

;):D

I actually prefer phở bò, Vietnamese beef, broth, rice noodles, and various vegetables.

Phở is actually phonetically pronounced "Fah", and there's a Vietnamese joint down in North Albany along Hwy-99 with a HUGE sign that says "Phở King"….. pronounced, "Fah King". I bet they were laughing their arses off as their license was issued without a clue!

It's what I would have done too…. :s0114:

BTW, there's this stuff and then there's authentic Japanese ramen. If you've never had the latter you're missing out, especially during the cold northwest rainy season.

What, no lemon pepper?!
LOL ! well, like I said this was just a 'test run' to test the basics however lemon pepper might be a possibility but I don't know if that would work with this method of cooking chicken but maybe I'll give it a try!

I'm working on making my own 'caulking gun' meat dispenser to start making Slim Jim style (caseless) meat sticks on my pellet grill!

In the early seventies, top Ramen was new to me. My first exposure... my Father in law being a merchant seaman, he brought home a couple cases from Asia. I thought this stuff was great. Then in the Army, eating nothing but c-rats for an extended period, I snuck in Top Ramen for just something extra. Mixed with chili, or Franco American, or Spam, or just about anything, we could make a real feast.

the noodles have like virtually no nutritional value
Perfect way to get 390% of your daily Sodium intake too!
And an extra tubby tummy.
^ This. Massive carb and salt dump — no thanks. Granted, it is filling, and there are dishes that can be made from said. But for large food stores, there are better options, imho.

Life is too short to eat poorly, drive boring vehicles and shoot crappy guns.
Word.

BTW, there's this stuff and then there's authentic Japanese ramen. If you've never had the latter you're missing out, especially during the cold northwest rainy season.
There are all kinds of dried noodles - I prefer rice noodles. Most of the noodle "meals" out there are dried wheat noodles - most pasta is no better nutrition wise.

For the cheap kind I prefer Nissin Chow Mein noodle meals - not really chow mein. I always add my own spices (garlic, ginger, chili sauce), often chicken bullion, including those that come with the meal. I often also add peanut butter to get some more protein and some Pad Thai flavor (Nissen makes a Pad Thai flavor meal, but you rarely see it being sold). Then I toast some bread (preferably garlic bread - the cheap thick flavored kind I can buy for less than $2 for 6-8 slices) and when I am done eating the noodles I soak the bread in the left over broth.

I try not to eat these more than twice a week - indeed, I try not to eat any given food more than twice a week, except things like chocolate and breads (right now it is pumpkin bread, but I prefer banana nut bread).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top