JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BTW, I tried the Cafe Bustelo instant coffee - not bad, but I didn't think it was any better than others I've tried before. Starbucks still makes a decent instant in my book, but it's spendy, so I don't mess with it.

Now, the best 3 coffees I've ever had:

* Blue Mountain Coffee in Jamaica - best coffee I've tasted. At $50+ per pound in the states, I won't be buying it
* Nameless coffee on 2 different Celebrity Cruises - amazing coffee, looked forward to it every morning
* Boyd's custom roast for NW area McDonald's circa 1985-1990. Amazing coffee that beat everyone else in flavor. Unfortunately they stopped using Boyd's a long time ago. When I contacted Boyd's about producing coffee for McDonald's, they told me they absolutely never did that. I pressed the matter because I worked at McDonald's back then and made the coffee, and saw the Boyd's packages. They did some digging and found out they were wrong and I was right. They said they still carried that blend, so I tried it, but it wasn't the same :(

I am still looking for the best coffee for a decent price that I can brew consistently. I have at least 8 different ways to brew coffee at home and I still can't make a decent cup at home :s0054: For my money though, french press does the best job, followed by percolator and if I'm feeling like taking extra time, my Bialetti stove-top espresso maker.

One more - my sister's boyfriend is half-Vietnamese - he brews the most amazing Vietnamese iced coffee I've ever had - wicked sweet, but damn, it's like drinking candy. Definitely a rare treat.

Hey etrain16, and any one else, there is a big Vietnamese store over in PDX that sells that Iced coffee your talking about, seriously good stuff! Fubonn over on 82'nd ave. Just a heads up, if you get that stuff, you want to water it down 50/50! I didn't know that at the time, and I got a serious buzz for a full day! That's called Get-Er-Done in a bottle! LOL

Father used to set up the percolator the night before. Dad said that "letting the chlorine evaporate from the water overnight makes the coffee taste better". I still let the water sit overnight before heating it for Instant Folgers Coffee Crystals in the morning.

Some habits die hard.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top