JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know CNN is frowned upon by most here, but I thought things were looking good the opposite way when I read this.

Going with that:
GOP pushes back against Democrat-led gun control efforts | One America News Network (oann.com)

This is perfect though actually, bump it up to SCOTUS.
Sorry to say it but 2/3 of the supreme court doesn't seem to care about the constitution either. You notice congress isn't really talking about packing the court anymore. SCOTUS has sold us out so many times in the last 5 months that congress no longer has anything to worry about.

Got a text from my Mrs on this with "So our rights stop at the door of our home?" I replied, but I can assure the dear reader the language wouldn't fly here.

This is, of course, complete and utter crap. It needs to be appealed to SCOTUS. One ray of hope; said highest court routinely reverses the insanity out of the Nutty Ninth.

Next stop SCOTUS.

The 9th circuit needs to be disbanded. They have broken their oath as counselors of the court to support the Constitution of the United States.

Americans are not going to sit idly by and allow our inalienable rights to be stripped.

I'm not sure how anyone can read the Oregon Constituion and think the State can prevent people from carrying to protect themselves. Regulate yes, prohibit, no way.

Section 27. Right to bear arms; military subordinate to civil power. The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence [sic] of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power.

The 9th Circuit can't countermand the Oregon Constitution.

This ruling also only applies to open carry of firearms, not carrying concealed with a state CHL.

Here's the actual ruling:

The 9th Circuit here was not unanamous and some of the Judges clearly respect the Constitution:

Dissenting, Judge O'Scannlain, joined by Judges Callahan, Ikuta, and R. Nelson, would hold that both HRS§ 134-9 and the 1997 County regulation destroy the core right to carry a gun for self-defense outside the home and are unconstitutional under any level of scrutiny. Judge O'Scannlain stated that the majority holds that while the Second Amendment may guarantee the right to keep a
firearm for self-defense within one's home, it provides no right whatsoever to bear—i.e., to carry—that same firearm for self-defense in any other place. In his view, the majority's decision undermines not only the Constitution's text, but also half a millennium of Anglo-American legal history, the Supreme Court's decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), and McDonald v. City of Chicago, 561 U.S. 742 (2010), and the foundational principles of American popular sovereignty itself.

Dissenting, Judge R. Nelson, joined by Judges Callahan and Ikuta, concurred with Judge O'Scannlain's dissent concluding that Hawaii Revised Statute 134-9 violates the Second Amendment. Judge R. Nelson wrote that the majority erred not only in holding the statute facially constitutional, but also in rejecting Young's as-applied challenge. He also wrote separately to highlight the brazenly unconstitutional
County of Hawaii Regulations applying HRS § 134-9, stating that there should be no dispute that any law or regulation that restricts gun ownership only to security guards violates the Second Amendment.

Last Edited:
Next stop SCOTUS.

The 9th circuit needs to be disbanded. They have broken their oath as counselors of the court to support the Constitution of the United States.

Americans are not going to sit idly by and allow our inalienable rights to be stripped.
The actions of SCOTUS recently.. leads me to believe they may not have every American or Constitution's interests at heart :(:confused: time maybe coming where the Declaration of Independence's words are of utter importance and it will fall upon the People to decide once for all, whether they believe in what they say or not.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Emphasis added.

No, it's worse than "no open carry." The 9th just ruled that there is no right to carry at all, OPEN OR CONCEALED. They rank over state laws. Now, on to the Supremes.

"...The en banc court noted that this Court has previously held that individuals do not have a Second Amendment right to carry concealed weapons in public..."

?

Last Edited:
No, it's worse than "no open carry." The 9th just ruled that there is no right to carry at all, OPEN OR CONCEALED. They rank over state laws. Now, on to the Supremes.

"...The en banc court noted that this Court has previously held that individuals do not have a Second Amendment right to carry concealed weapons in public..."

?

It's already been established States can regulate concealed carry. Like it or not even the US Supreme Court says the State can required a CHL if the state wishes.

Uh. What. The.
Pardon me but what exactly does "bear arms" mean in 2A if its not carrying arms :confused::confused::confused:o_O

Edit. I mean.. its pretty clear that "Keep and Bear arms" refers to not just ownership but also carrying arms one way or other... :rolleyes: what sort of mental gymnastics did they do...

It probably involved their dominate-side hands while standing in a circle....

It is good this ruling came down now rather than later after the Dems pack the SCOTUS. I hope that SCOTUS will take up more gun cases now before that happens.

Uh. What. The.
Pardon me but what exactly does "bear arms" mean in 2A if its not carrying arms :confused::confused::confused:o_O

Edit. I mean.. its pretty clear that "Keep and Bear arms" refers to not just ownership but also carrying arms one way or other... :rolleyes: what sort of mental gymnastics did they do...

Oh you can still "bare arms" as long as they stay in your State approved safe with a State approved child proof locking device perpetually installed. :s0054:

Visiting/viewing "rights" must be supervised and scheduled three months in advance (six during COVID) after providing written explaination as to why said visit/viewing is necessary. :s0125:

Luckily, at this time there still remains no restrictions on the purchase of hot molasses and feather pillows. ;)

Ya mean we don't have to wear long sleeve shirts,, and/or do we still have the right to arm bears?:rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Just watched Jarid (?) on Guns and Gadgets:

I say let the ruling stand. If they can go back in history to when Hawai'i was a kingdom, the Western states can also go back in history 170 years ago; before 1968 GCA, before every gun control act ever enacted.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top