JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Congrats. I just ordered a couple of items from PSA because I know they've made your life miserable in the past.

Maybe you should ask them for a commission. Which will be taxed appropriately, of course.

I would rather pay a sales tax over an income tax(Like I do in Oregon). The sales tax only option is more like a flat tax the right kept talking about for years. I know most states started to get tough with online retails due to the fact people were not submitting the required sales themselves a few years ago.

There are a lot of hidden taxes in WA. The Business and Occupations Tax for example taxes a business' gross revenue. This can be hard for some business -- small retail for example -- which can actually lose money and still owe tax. Anyway, that B&O tax gets worked into all the prices before a shop slaps the price tag on any widget or cup of joe or whatever.

I would rather pay a sales tax over an income tax(Like I do in Oregon). The sales tax only option is more like a flat tax the right kept talking about for years. I know most states started to get tough with online retails due to the fact people were not submitting the required sales themselves a few years ago.
A sales tax is less a flat tax than it is more a user tax. I have no issue with paying a user tax.
Don't want to pay it? Simple solution: Don't buy anything. I find that's the fairest tax there is...

There are a lot of hidden taxes in WA. The Business and Occupations Tax for example taxes a business' gross revenue. This can be hard for some business -- small retail for example -- which can actually lose money and still owe tax. Anyway, that B&O tax gets worked into all the prices before a shop slaps the price tag on any widget or cup of joe or whatever.
I actually ran into an executive with Cracker Barrel restaurants back east once when we were both stopping in the same CB for lunch, and he told me our B&O Tax structure was one of *the* biggest things keeping his company and a number of others out of Washington State.

Even I am not a fan of taxing gross revenue as it hurts lower profit margin businesses with larger costs/overhead.

Even I am not a fan of taxing gross revenue as it hurts lower profit margin businesses with larger costs/overhead.

WA doesn't care -- nor do the cities. My city charges "property" tax on everything a business owns -- down to paper clips and reams of paper though they do have the good grace to allow an estimation of that stuff. This is AFTER paying sales tax on all of it and in addition to the B&O tax. These types of taxes are hard to undo though because for most people they are hidden.

A sales tax is less a flat tax than it is more a user tax. I have no issue with paying a user tax.
Don't want to pay it? Simple solution: Don't buy anything. I find that's the fairest tax there is...

I strongly prefer a sales tax for that reason - it is generally flatter in most implementations, it is much closer to a use tax - which is what taxes are supposed to be, and the payer has more control over it. Which is why most gov entities don't like it.

I would agree except ammo is not treated like food for tax purposes.

EDIT: nor components!

There should be NO exceptions, subsidies, deductions, rebates, minimum income required, etc. - everybody should pay including non-profits. Everybody incurs gov costs, which is what taxes are supposed to be paying for (not subsidies, not wealth redistribution).

There should be NO exceptions, subsidies, deductions, rebates, minimum income required, etc. - everybody should pay including non-profits. Everybody incurs gov costs, which is what taxes are supposed to be paying for (not subsidies, not wealth redistribution).
I agree. Churches should pay all taxes along with all non profits. Food should be taxed, ect.

hows that logic?

I agree. Churches should pay all taxes along with all non profits. Food should be taxed, ect.

hows that logic?

Good.

Everybody for everything.

No exceptions/etc.

Unfortunately, it will never happen (sans a complete "reboot" and that built into something like the Constitution, and even then, look at what happened to the 2nd Amendment - "shall not infringe" is pretty clear).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top