JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From Brownells:

D65F3B64-70B1-4C51-A093-78B7F324B7E0.jpeg

Brownells is wrong unless the lower court judge lifted his original stay. I suspect he will with the new ruling, and then there will be another huge run on mags from CA gun owners.

Brownells is wrong unless the lower court judge lifted his original stay. I suspect he will with the new ruling, and then there will be another huge run on mags from CA gun owners.

Musta been lifted, or some other legalese goings on.

Bunch of big online folks now open to selling ALL MAGS to Californi folk.

FANTASTIC!

Seems to me that this ruling would automatically nix the stay until CA appeals. Then another stay may be issued until it's sorted out at the next level.

But I'm a moron so who knows.

CA will not just roll over on this one, it is too big as the ruling opens the door on unconstitutional limitations on the type of firearm a citizen may own. CA will push for an en banc hearing which will be granted. In the past, the pro gun rulings have been overturned by the 9th Circuit with an en banc rehearing by a new hand picked panel of anti gun judges. It ain't over by a long shot. Pun intended.

What is promising is all the new first time gun buyers who purchased guns out of fear. Fear is a very strong motivator. All the rioting in the streets and increasing lawlessness has them concerned for the safety of their families. Hopefully they will consider their right to bear arms when they go to the polls to vote. I know, wishful thinking.

Last Edited:
Here's what happens next...

CA appeals to full En Banc. 50/50 they get their way there. If not, on to SCOTUS, where...

Door #1. 4 Leftists and Epstein's Blackrobed Pedo-Pal grant Cert and open the door for Nationwide Bend Over & Buttrape.
Door #2. (assuming RBG seat open but unreplaced) 4-4, Roberts assigns the opinion to whoever will give the outcome he wants.
Door #3. (assuming RBG fully replaced) We get a 6-3, but Roberts assigns himself the Opinion and tailors it so narrowly that it's as useless as tits on a bull. Like "Only Plaintiffs can have hi-caps," or "you can have 'em but can only load 10 rounds" or "you can have them but you have to get a license for each and every one."

Anything that makes Senator Feinswine sh!t her Size 58 bloomers makes me as happy as can be. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

It was a 3 judge panel that made the decision? I think California can ask for an en banc panel where 10 selected judges make another decision? From there it goes to the SCOTUS?

If I am not mistaken, this kind of appeal for an en banc panel has happened before and decisions reversed.

Yes, the case isn't over yet, but it is ALWAYS better to be the one defending the lower decision than appealing it.

Edit: Today, the right thing to do is:

Musta been lifted, or some other legalese goings on.

Bunch of big online folks now open to selling ALL MAGS to Californi folk.

FANTASTIC!

Either that or Brownells made a mistake -- never take internet advertising as legal precedent.

HOWEVER -- don't let the fact that fight is not over diminish the joy of winning this battle. We're on the offensive and the Antis are being beaten back. And let's not forget, mistakes happen -- rarely, but they do. Remember this? No excuse for missed appeal, court says | The Seattle Times

HOWEVER -- don't let the fact that fight is not over diminish the joy of winning this battle. We're on the offensive and the Antis are being beaten back. And let's not forget, mistakes happen -- rarely, but they do. Remember this? No excuse for missed appeal, court says | The Seattle Times
This happened before I started paying a lot of attention to State-level politics (that came with Dino's first run for governor in '04), but this right here caught my eye and I laughed my azz off over it. Too bad it wasn't AG Gregoire on the receiving end of that firing letter...

Capps, who was forced to resign over the mistake, was shopping at a hardware store yesterday when her attorney called with news of the decision. She is fixing up her house to sell it because she is out of work.
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

This happened before I started paying a lot of attention to State-level politics (that came with Dino's first run for governor), but this right here caught my eye and I laughed my azz off over it. Too bad it wasn't Gregoire on the receiving end of that firing letter...

Yep -- the ruling today is the current state of the law. CA has 30 days or something like that to request a change. If they screw it up, the decision stands. That case that Gregoire's office lost was the largest verdict against the state of WA in its history, was all over the press, and still, they missed the appeal deadline. It doesn't happen frequently, but that is not the same as it never happening.

In any event -- I'm about as pessimistic as they come on these issues but really, it's important to enjoy the win because it helps build up strength for the next level of the fight. I mean which side has the better deal tonight -- the ones anger drinking hard liquor, swearing at the judges, and suffering anxiety insomnia -- the ones who'll need to go to work this weekend and start drafting an appeal, or the ones popping champagne corks and laughing the night away?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top