JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since you're looking for economical, but don't want the low volume concerns you have with Titegroup, get what you can find of W231/HP38, AA#5 (the one I'm currently most experienced with and have had good success w/9mm and .40) or Power Pistol. AA#5 seems pretty forgiving. Power Pistol was fine, but seemed to have more muzzle flash (anecdotal on my part, but it was more noticeable to me). It was out of a gun of similar size barrel as your G19.

I think, like others said, there are a lot of options and most will serve your stated need of just taking friends out to the range and to save on factory loads during panic buys. If you're looking for defensive projectile loading and care about velocities with regards to lack of penetration/expansion, then might want to do more research/testing before you buy a bunch of one powder.

I had decent consistency out of several pistols with 5.9gr AA#5 over 124gr plated projectiles (Raniers in this case, but have also done similar with the powder-covered lead projectiles such as Gallant 125gr bullets). Your mileage may vary. Good luck...

Honestly after a few posts from here and over in the reloading room on Facebook I may decide on a different powder just because of the high chance of double charges and the fact .1 grain makes a huge difference in titegroup. But who knows lol I'm not looking for a perfect powder and I don't mind cleaning my gums I'm just looking for a safe economical powder to be able to take friends and new people out and spread the good word

All the powders suggested are suitable for 9mm I'm sure. I used titegroup early on too but quit for the reason you mention above. Early on a guy at the range I belong to suggested HS-6 for 9mm when I was shooting a gun with a 5" barrel stating that with the slower powder that barrel would give the powder time to fully burn. I've been using it in all 9mm and .40 since. It seems to burn clean with the fuller case, and measures like a dream. I don't worry about the economy of the powder. I like the wider range, and the way it measures. Bimart has been carrying it lately too.

Titegroup for me in 9mm. A little goes a long way, it meters much more accurate than unique (which I also like) it burns clean, it feels snappy to me which I like. You need to pay careful attention with any powder and if you're scared just get, I think it's called, a powder cop.

the fact .1 grain makes a huge difference in titegroup

If you stay back from max. charges, this won't be an issue.

I vote for Titegroup. I came to the party late on it, by accident. But it's versatile, meters well, economical. And not bulky, which can be an issue with 9mm cases which aren't all that big. After charging cases, I look in every case in the block to make sure the charge isn't doubled -- or absent. I loaded on a Dillon 550 progressive outfit for a while, but recently sent it down the road. It was too industrial, too fiddly, and I didn't enjoy doing it. I'm back to single stage. Hand craftsmanship.

There are plenty of other good powders for 9mm depending on your application. But if you don't have any, Titegroup would be a good place to start. I just loaded about 300 pieces of 9mm, used the relatively new WW 244 which has the same attributes of Titegroup.

There are a whole lot of options, I would take a look at some load data and see what you have available. For 9mm I use Universal, HP-38, CFE Pistol, 231 and when I could only find WSF on the shelf I used that as well since there was load data for it. If its for general plinking purposes, find what its stock at the lowest price that has load data.

Seeing it used for a lot of other pistol calibers. 45 ACP, 38 spc. 357. 45 colt.....
Use same loading data as red dot. Though this is apparently higher density, so volume will be less.

You'd recommend this for 9mm then? Any other pistol cartridges it'd be good for? When I go to their site, it only lists 12G. I know different shotgun powders can be used for pistol. Going to google a bit more here on this one.
Yes, it's the same as Red Dot by weight, which I use a whole lot of, using it for pretty much all pistol cartridges and more.. .25 acp to 30-06.
I don't load shotgun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads