JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I'm going to start reloading 9mm due to shortages in my area and was wondering what powder you guys like or recommend. I currently only reload for 223 but just ordered some 9mm dies. While looking through my book I decided on Titegroup and was able to find it for a very good price but was looking for some pros/cons on this powder and what your thoughts were on it. Thanks I'm advance!

Honestly depends what your after, I personally use 700x as it's usually available even during panics and shoots soft....however it doesn't meter really well so best to avoid for newer loaders.

There are litteraly tons of choices, HP-38 meters really well in my experience, might be a bit difficult to find right now however.

Something else to think about is do you have components actually available in your area? I've seen in my area that SPP are about non existent.

You will also need calipers, reloading book, bullet puller (you will mess up a couple trust me), also a way to clean your brass, and lastly a reliable and trustworthy scale at a minimum.

Edit: I see you already have a reloading setup my bad, lol.

Honestly depends what your after, I personally use 700x as it's usually available even during panics and shoots soft....however it doesn't meter really well so best to avoid for newer loaders.

There are litteraly tons of choices, HP-38 meters really well in my experience, might be a bit difficult to find right now however.

Something else to think about is do you have components actually available in your area? I've seen in my area that SPP are about non existent.

You will also need calipers, reloading book, bullet puller (you will mess up a couple trust me), also a way to clean your brass, and lastly a reliable and trustworthy scale at a minimum.

Edit: I see you already have a reloading setup my bad, lol.
Yea I currently have a setup lol I'm more interested in powder options. I was able to find cci 500 primers for $25 per 1000. I plan on reloading for my gen 4 g19

You have lots of choices for powder, but a couple of my favorites are Winchester 231/HP38 (same powder), and CFE Pistol. I've also used Unique and Universal recently. There are a ton of good choices, depending on what level of performance or economy you want.

700x meters like cornflakes. Titegroup is good to go. Low charge weight, very economical. watch for double charges as pressure gets excessive very quickly. I use CFE Pistol in my 9x19, 45acp, 10mm loads with good results.

Yea I currently have a setup lol I'm more interested in powder options. I was able to find cci 500 primers for $25 per 1000. I plan on reloading for my gen 4 g19

Yeah I saw that after I posted, my bad!

Good to know you have components available, I've heard of folks using small rifle primers but it's not something I've done myself.

I currently use 700x, HP-38, unique, and universal clays for 9mm.

Unique is a pretty nice powder, however I find it a bit dirty and can come under pressure from shortages.

I only just started to use it, but I do like universal for my 124gn loads. Clean and accurate enough for my needs

700x meters like cornflakes. Titegroup is good to go. Low charge weight, very economical. watch for double charges as pressure gets excessive very quickly. I use CFE Pistol in my 9x19, 45acp, 10mm loads with good results.

:s0140::s0140:

This is about the best description for 700x metering I have ever heard! Lol

I find that Bullseye works well with many pistol calibers including 9mm (.380/9/40sw/.45acp). Since I load a lot with the same powder the larger kegs of powder help save on overall cost as well.

I find that Bullseye works well with many pistol calibers including 9mm (.380/9/40sw/.45acp). Since I load a lot with the same powder the larger kegs of powder help save on overall cost as well.
I plan on only loading 9mm pistol since it's all I have currently and I found titegroup for $16 a pound

My 9mm target shooting load is 147 FP Berry's and Titegroup. I have reloaded a lot of 9 mm with
Blue Dot, Unique and CFE pistol. I have only used Bullseye in 45 acp loads.
DSC00213.JPG

I started using Accurate #5 about 10 years ago when I first started reloading 9mm. Don't have anything to report about it except it works and meters very well. Lots of options out there, I haven't bothered to experiment with others.

Sorry, I had missed in your original post where you said you had already decided on Titegroup. I don't recall ever using Titegroup for 9mm, but no reason it shouldn't work just fine, for economy loads where maximum velocity isn't necessary.

Lots of powders will work well. I've been happy with Bullseye, Power Pistol, AA#5, Zip and True Blue. Really depends upon what you want to use it for (i.e. velocity, style of shooting) as well as what you are trying to avoid (i.e. minimize crud, less flash/bang, etc.).

Honestly after a few posts from here and over in the reloading room on Facebook I may decide on a different powder just because of the high chance of double charges and the fact .1 grain makes a huge difference in titegroup. But who knows lol I'm not looking for a perfect powder and I don't mind cleaning my gums I'm just looking for a safe economical powder to be able to take friends and new people out and spread the good word

I've used unique, wsf, and cfe pistol in 9x19 in the past all with good results. I'm currently working my way through a case of sport pistol and it really seems to work well in 9mm with coated bullets. Tight group is a good performing powder in 9mm but if you are loading on a single stage or a progressive that does not auto index it is very easy to miss a double charge.

I like Titegroup, Powerpistol, CFE, and ETR-7 for 9mm but there are many others. I hear about the dangers of Titegroup all the time but I don't get it. Unless you're loading for 9mm Super, .1 grain of Titegroup is no big deal. Yes, it doesn't take much, and is easy to double charge if you're sloppy, but any reloader that's sloppy and not paying attention, probably should just stick to factory ammo anyway.

I recently tried TiteGroup in 9mm and .45 - always been a fan of Unique and Bullseye but I found the TG loads very accurate in both guns and the recoil seemed softer.

I really like how the TG meters.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads