JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cleaning out the garage today i found an ammo box i havent seen since before my son was born (hes 5 now). Inside was a lovely surprise. 1, 25 round box of hornady critical defense and 32 rounds of range stuff completely MARINATED in hoppes #9. Cleaned up a couple so far (kind of). Thoughts? 16175162101883319895778112139458.jpg 16175162260464034688987709643941.jpg 16175161312577297757053517993103.jpg 16175161578345816962231475166965.jpg 1617516183479518323025794840699.jpg

Last Edited:
You're looking at what, normal prices $25. If this was end of the world scenario I'd try it out, otherwise, hard pass. Solvents may have dampened the powder. Even if you get 1 to touch off fine, you'd really have to systematically test each one, otherwise you could have a kaboom scenario if one stuck in the barrel and you didn't notice before firing another.

Hard pass.

Cool find! Ammo is tougher and harder to kill than most people realize, but I'm pretty sure that ammo is done for.

The bullets are probably fine, as components for reloaders, but I expect after that long that the solvent seeped into the powder.

Also (I may be wrong) I think Hoppes contains a tiny bit of ammonia, which weakens brass. I wouldn't pull the trigger on one of those on a bet, and some would consider me a bit foolhardy with that kind of thing. :)

Added: all the nasty green gunk on the brass tells me that the Hoppes has reacted chemically with the brass. To me it would be worth it to pull the bullets for components, but I would most definitely scrap that brass.

I wouldnt sell it in any good conscience and definitely dont have a gun i would want to "test" it in. Not really sure what to do with it. I was just trying to find the easter eggs from last year lmao

I wouldnt sell it in any good conscience and definitely dont have a gun i would want to "test" it in. Not really sure what to do with it. I was just trying to find the easter eggs from last year lmao

Most ranges accept unwanted ammunition. You could also just pull the bullets, dump the powder in the lawn and then have fun safely testing the primed cases. You could pop balloons with them.

Put 'em in the crock pot on low overnight with some yoshida's gourmet sauce and serve with rice and fresh steamed veggies?

OR

Make Christmas tree ornaments out of them!

Shooting buddies + beer + a Ruger P85. Yeah, I'd shoot that chit up. 🤣
Ruger P85...Isn't that the gun where they took an old WWII Russian T34 76mm gun and re-barreled it to 9mm??? That's what they feel like anyway. You can also tie a chain to them and use them as an anchor. Man are those things build! I've has students bring very gently used ones to shoot in classes and they have always run great, they are just tanks.

Tired of the time spent cleaning your firearms , after shooting...?
Are you a fan of multi-tasking....?

Then try :
aaron_l 's new "self cleaning" ammo.....It shoots and cleans the bore at the same time.
Just $25.95 a box of 50
Call now , our operators are standing by.

But wait...there's more...
The first 50 callers will also receive our "Wonder Knife" ...
It features a camouflaged handle and blade...if you drop it while hunting or camping...you will wonder where it went.
Andy

Tired of the time spent cleaning your firearms , after shooting...?
Are you a fan of multi-tasking....?

Then try :
aaron_l 's new "self cleaning" ammo.....It shoots and cleans the bore at the same time.
Just $25.95 a box of 50
Call now , our operators are standing by.

But wait...there's more...
The first 50 callers will also receive our "Wonder Knife" ...
It features a camouflaged handle and blade...if you drop it while hunting or camping...you will wonder where it went.
Andy
This feels like a Chevron with techron moment :)

I do have to give hornady some credit. Those critical defense casings still look amazing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top