JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have always wanted a 1911, a couple years back I got a good deal on a Taurus 1911, a stainless steel cambered in .45, I had zero complains about it, but I got tired of it quick because I 9mm guy, I have more rounds than I know what to do with, and I really didnt want to start stocking .45 just for a range gun..

That being said I am getting the urge to own another 1911, I have always wanted to have a nice looking 1911 that I could shoot regularly, so this time I would get a 9mm one.

Not looking at stating any debates, please keep that out.

I am just looking for recommendations on a 9mm 1911, setting my budget cap at say $1000. I would prefer stainless steel model as well.

Springfield Armory makes a few variants, including two full size stainless Loaded models. Series 70 design, fully supported chambers, lifetime warranty, one of the best custom shops, and in your price range.

They are super fun pistols, just be aware 9mm 1911's can be a little finicky. Mags and recoil springs are key.

BOSS

Rock island 9mm/.22 TCM combo.

If you can find one!

Been looking to snatch this pistol for at least a year. Of coarse I can go the gun broker route and get gouged...

My vote is the rock island GI or officer.

P1000401ab-50_zpsf0f5e140.jpg

This stainless Springfield 9mm is one of my favorite pistols. I bought it from a friend who installed the arched backstrap so that the target sights would align faster, easier and with a more comfortable hold. It has a wonderful trigger and as far as I'm concerned it shoots like a dream and is completely reliable. I highly recommend one of these because even if it has a higher initial price, it would only amount to paying a little more per year if apportioned over the lifetime of the gun.

I think that Springfield might be my way to go. Looks great and is a reputable brand.

On my Taurus 1911 I has installed a stainles magwell with a flat back strap... I had never felt the arched back strap so I decided not want to try it. I also installed a set of Lazza Monkey Grips.. Black Punisher ones haha!!

Thanks for all the input guys!

Now to just shop around to find a good deal.

I have a DW Pointman 9 that I acquired last year. Functions 100% so far. Although cost is higher than your specified budget, I am very pleased with it. A nice 1911 for sure. I don't have any experience with the Springfield 9mm, but they look like a good option as well.

I would love to get a 1911 chambered in 9mm as well. I didn't realize they were as finicky as they are. I will have to do some research before I buy.

I've owned many 1911s before making the switch to 9mm only. Now I too find myself looking at 9mm 1911s. I have shot a few. Mainly Rock Islands and a really fancy Trinity race gun. I did not find them finicky when it comes to ammo.

Main reason I don't own one is each time I get around to possibly buying one I can't justify the cost against simply getting another Glock. I'm sorry about the bias. It has gotten worse recently. I always end up comparing everything to them.

If you can find one!

Been looking to snatch this pistol for at least a year. Of coarse I can go the gun broker route and get gouged...

My vote is the rock island GI or officer.

I traded off mine at Barons Den in Eugene. Was a good gun, but I did not like the wide grip due to double stag mags. It has had a gunsmith trigger job as well, and is for sale there currently. Less than 500 rounds....Chuck

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top