JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This video talks about the California Roster of Approved Handguns and explains its limitations and exemptions. It also talks about the legality and potentiality of finding firearms that are no longer on the "Roster".

Oh good lord.....:( I only watched two minutes in. That all i needed/could stand to hear. I had no idea it's got to this point in Cali.

And $700 is actually pretty cheap for an off roster gun. I've seen M&P 2.0's going for $1500. :s0001:

Worse still is that the number of handguns that are available in this godforsaken state is dwindling. There haven't been any new adds to the roster for several years. But there have been plenty of guns dropping off as MFG's decide not to renew them. Pretty soon there won't be anything left...which is the plan. :rolleyes:

If you should be so lucky as to live in a county in CA that still slightly resembles America you can get a carry permit. Essentially in the rural counties. However you must qualify with the firearm you will carry and it must be listed on your permit.

I left six years ago for Oregon and now it's almost as bad here and soon may be worse. I may sell and move to Idaho or Montana. I'm getting too old for this sh*t.

The California roster is one of the most overlooked law in the gun control debate, but make no mistake this is what they mean when they say "common sense".... and make no mistake Cali's law isn't stopping with this one and as the video implies the roster is getting smaller...

If you should be so lucky as to live in a county in CA that still slightly resembles America you can get a carry permit. Essentially in the rural counties. However you must qualify with the firearm you will carry and it must be listed on your permit.

I left six years ago for Oregon and now it's almost as bad here and soon may be worse. I may sell and move to Idaho or Montana. I'm getting too old for this sh*t.
I'm helping to spread the word about the struggle you Jeffersonians are facing down there. Know that some still stand with you.

Fascinating, and absofarkingloutely absurd!
Interesting they are approaching from the perspective of 2nd amendment. I would think CA could also get nailed for infringing interstate commerce. This is a defacto ban.

yeabut why.? they can't carry them.
I had a permit to carry in California. It's possible but not cheap AND renewal is every two years AND you have to qualify every time you renew AND can only carry 3 different guns AND they each have to be qualified with AND have the serial numbers literally typed onto your permit by the Sheriff.

Just checked the CA DOJ website, it lists 4 recently approved handguns added to the list. Then there are 61 pages of removed handguns at 20+ per page. As Koda accurately notes above, this is a silent, invasive form of gun control. Nearly every casual gun owner I know of in CA has no idea this is going on. Basically no center fire semiauto can be added because of what is required (I was shocked to see a Seecamp 32 auto though!)

So when I travel there, nearly all of my guns are off list. From all the research I've done, this does not appear to be any issue, it's only sales in gun shops (not legal advice). There does not appear to be any issue transferring between private parties either according to those who I have talked to. Many of the off list guns can be sold to LEO's and I'm sure you will be shocked to know some are resold. Ok, maybe not.

Don't even get me started on the ammo thing they have going now.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top