JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Reloading bullets for 7.62x39 are a touch hard to get lately so I ordered some bullets from Graf & Sons. Advertised as "7.62x39 .310 123 gr. SPRN", these bullets are short, really short. Length is .726 comparied to .855 my normal bullet length. I usually load to 2.150 to 2.187 for total overall cartridge length. This works well in SKS, AK 47 and AR type 762's. Now I'll need to load these new bullets to 1.950 (or there abouts), pretty short. That's like an eighth of an inch. Anyone see a problem with this?

Thank you.

I loaded 50 and am going to try them today. 25.5 gr of RL7, PMC Berdan primer, Yugo brass, 123 gr SPRN. 2.050 OACL. OACL was arrived at by seating bullet into the case to the same depth as a regular 123 Spire bullet. Reasonably firm crimp via Lee FCD.

Tried in vain to shoot these reloads with the short bullets. Too short to feed in the AR. Would work great in a bolt gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top