JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone reloading 7.62x39 for a Cz 527? What bullet diameter are you guys using? Will .308 work accurately? or .310? .311?

Disclaimer: I know this won't be saving me money but gonna try to load deer hunting ammo so the girlfriend can use it for western washington blacktail this fall.

Same as always--slug the barrel.
For jacketed bullets, you usually want to match the groove diameter.
In the REAL world, if you work up from the start load, it really doesn't matter and slightly undersized jacketed bullets can be VERY accurate and slightly oversized jacketed bullets can be VERY accurate.
If it is a SAAMI bore, the groove diameter should be 0.310-0.312 and the INDUSTRY, to have ammo work in ALL 7.62x39 guns, must use bullets that are 0.3090 to 0.3110". You can use the bullet size that works best in your rifle, including trying 0.308"

I finally got around to loading 762x39 not for a CZ but for an AK pistol with a 10" barrel, the max diameter measured was .311 so I ordered a box of Sierra pro hunter 125gr 308's and a box of Hornady SST .310 but the SST bullets never got delivered so using the Sierra's and H335 I got surprising accuracy at 100 yards approximately 2.5 inches with a 5 shot group. I would look for a selection of different 308's and see where it goes in the accuracy department as they seem to be easier to find at reasonable prices than the .310 bullets.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top