JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My buddy just got an AR-10 for Christmas from his wifey. I want to help him find some ammo to start shooting. How much should I expect to pay for a "good Deal" on this ammo? He is not a reloader, so that is not an issue, Is the Wolf steel cased ammo worthy of feeding into his gun?

You can get brass cased ZQ1 for 50 cents a round at Walmart. It's good stuff, you can get it online for 44 cents, depending on shipping charges that's not nessesarily better than Walmart.

Cheapest I could find steel cased ammo was .34 cents a round before shipping. Lucky gunner did an experiment with steel vs brass cases, steel did wear out a chamber faster in a .223 AR. That was after 6,000 or more rds, and by that time they would have saved enough money on ammo to pay to get a new barrel put on.

So if steel runs well in his gun, it'll save a little money. Here's a link to the article, it's about .223 but I imagine it would be a similar result in 308/7.62.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/

Last Edited:
Just a quickie, I tried some PPU in an AR-10. The rounds were inconsistent, about one in ten too weak to cycle the action. Cheap stuff, but don't take it to a war zone.

Foreverlost,

You can get brass cased ZQ1 for 50 cents a round at Walmart. It's good stuff, you can get it online for 44 cents, depending on shipping charges that's not nessesarily better than Walmart.

Cheapest I could find steel cased ammo was .34 cents a round before shipping. Lucky gunner did an experiment with steel vs brass cases, steel did wear out a chamber faster in a .223 AR. That was after 6,000 or more rds, and by that time they would have saved enough money on ammo to pay to get a new barrel put on.

So if steel runs well in his gun, it'll save a little money. Here's a link to the article, it's about .223 but I imagine it would be a similar result in 308/7.62.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/
+1 for ZQI best deal on the market for brass cased 1 MOA ammo.

Sure, there is Tula, Brown Bear Wolf..etc.. But ZQI beats all.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top