JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My buddy just got an AR-10 for Christmas from his wifey. I want to help him find some ammo to start shooting. How much should I expect to pay for a "good Deal" on this ammo? He is not a reloader, so that is not an issue, Is the Wolf steel cased ammo worthy of feeding into his gun?

You can get brass cased ZQ1 for 50 cents a round at Walmart. It's good stuff, you can get it online for 44 cents, depending on shipping charges that's not nessesarily better than Walmart.

Cheapest I could find steel cased ammo was .34 cents a round before shipping. Lucky gunner did an experiment with steel vs brass cases, steel did wear out a chamber faster in a .223 AR. That was after 6,000 or more rds, and by that time they would have saved enough money on ammo to pay to get a new barrel put on.

So if steel runs well in his gun, it'll save a little money. Here's a link to the article, it's about .223 but I imagine it would be a similar result in 308/7.62.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/

Last Edited:
Just a quickie, I tried some PPU in an AR-10. The rounds were inconsistent, about one in ten too weak to cycle the action. Cheap stuff, but don't take it to a war zone.

Foreverlost,

You can get brass cased ZQ1 for 50 cents a round at Walmart. It's good stuff, you can get it online for 44 cents, depending on shipping charges that's not nessesarily better than Walmart.

Cheapest I could find steel cased ammo was .34 cents a round before shipping. Lucky gunner did an experiment with steel vs brass cases, steel did wear out a chamber faster in a .223 AR. That was after 6,000 or more rds, and by that time they would have saved enough money on ammo to pay to get a new barrel put on.

So if steel runs well in his gun, it'll save a little money. Here's a link to the article, it's about .223 but I imagine it would be a similar result in 308/7.62.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/brass-vs-steel-cased-ammo/
+1 for ZQI best deal on the market for brass cased 1 MOA ammo.

Sure, there is Tula, Brown Bear Wolf..etc.. But ZQI beats all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top