JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
yes and the 30 30 and 45 70 have been called obsolete by many gun writers but here we are. 30 30 is still about the cheapest ammo out there, and still widely available. 45 70, still selling a lot of guns

40 will never go away. Haters been hating for many years. Yes it may not be quite "as good" as 9 but lots of people love it,
I thought .40 was More good than 9mm but less good than 45!
There are so many 40 cal guns in circulation that one is not going away any time soon!
Once apon a time 32 auto was the king of small pocket size autos. But any more you can get a 9mm down to the same size! It and the 25 are fading fast! DR

Once apon a time 32 auto was the king of small pocket size autos. But any more you can get a 9mm down to the same size! It and the 25 are fading fast!
Seeing as a .32 acp is far more controllable in those smaller pistols than 9mm and followup shots can be delivered quicker, and that .32 acp can be used in even smaller pistols, and due to the fact there are many many thousands of pistols chambered for it on this planet, I don't see .32 acp disappearing any time soon.

Last Edited:
I thought .40 was More good than 9mm but less good than 45!
There are so many 40 cal guns in circulation that one is not going away any time soon!
Once apon a time 32 auto was the king of small pocket size autos. But any more you can get a 9mm down to the same size! It and the 25 are fading fast! DR
.40 did really well by being adopted by LE, but it missed the big time - being adopted by NATO.

Still, it is a good cartridge whose only downside is that the mags do not hold as many cartridges as the same sized mags do in 9mm. But IMO it is better than the .45 ACP; it has better sectional density, and for whatever reason, it has less felt recoil than the .45 ACP with the same ballistics (IME with 180 gr. .40 vs. 185 gr .45 ACP).

Dying? More like unpopular. As far as the 9 vs 40 I'll take the 40 any day. Compare apples to apples, using the same bullet type, the 40 does just fine. Capacity isn't much of a question, if you know how to shoot. Standing there with an empty magazine, because you've trained to mag dump because you have a 9 you don't trust to stop anything, Well, you might want to re-examine your caliber picking and training paradigm.

Ive actually always thought the 32 Seecamp would be great to own.

FYI there are some posts about user experiences with 32 and 380 seecamps on this forum but as I recall they are buried in "small gun" threads so might be hard to find. As I recall most said the 380 bit them like a biotch but 32 was ok. But I might be wrong on that. There are some YouTube videos on them too but as usual u have to sit through a ton of life story type bs to get to any useful info. :( FWIW as I recall most ppl said it was well made and that u had to use the right ammo.

I considered the 380 seecamp but went for the 22 mag naa sidewinder model instead. My purpose was not for primary edc as I have that covered by the tiny and pocketable 9mm sig p938 and other larger 9mm autos. The naa/seecamp was for the "always with me no matter what" role which for me it fits perfectly cuz tiny, light, well made, very easy to hide.

sidewinder model has swing out cylinder like larger revolvers:
F2B7D6ED-290E-4909-84F7-DE7E640A2D6E.jpeg
Naa in owb belt holster:
36E2E9E2-F6BF-43F6-8082-F9F8AFED6217.jpeg
Naa 22 mag vs seecamp size comparison below. Weight of naa is about 6.7 ounces vs seecamp is 11.5 oz. :

50920D32-6BD6-4FC9-A169-ACEAF1736427.jpeg
Some other size comparisons for reference. Seecamp vs ruger LCP:
98A43744-59DD-4AC4-BD1E-DB331A87D04D.jpeg
Ruger lcp II vs sig p938 9mm (note that the 380 lcp is quite a bit lighter due to poly frame vs metal):
194DEFF2-9CD5-4337-AD59-51211140EFE0.jpeg

Last Edited:
I considered the 380 seecamp but went for the 22 mag naa sidewinder model instead.
both of those are great options Ive always considered but just never got around to it for the limited use they offer. For what they are I think the 22 Sidewinder would be more practical but that Seecamp Ive always thought was just way cool and iconic for a pocket shooter. hard to decide.

both of those are great options Ive always considered but just never got around to it for the limited use they offer. For what they are I think the 22 Sidewinder would be more practical but that Seecamp Ive always thought was just way cool and iconic for a pocket shooter. hard to decide.
Agree. For me it came down to what specific role does it play and which one fits that role better -the role being "always with me no matter what attire whether I have edc with me or not". The p938 is invisible in front jeans pocket with Alabama holster (but somewhat heavy). The naa I don't even know it's there due to size and weight and it's always on my belt unless I'm at the airport or something. But it's personal preference, for the next person could be just the opposite which is equally valid.

FYI a pic from youtube video showing p938 in Alabama kydex holster in front jeans pocket. U can use thumb tab to pre-release gun for draw and fire if someone creepy is around.
150178E5-43BD-4BE2-97C6-1DFE006C28EE.jpeg

Last Edited:
Oops I also forgot to mention cost as a factor. It wasn't main factor and I think both seecamp and naa are ok value at their price point because they are both well made (note that I am assuming this for the seecamp based on reviews, I have never handled or shot it). Anyway, 1 5/8" barrel 22 mag sidewinder was $288 new at northwest armory, while seecamp was just under $600 new.

Some other size comparisons for reference. Seecamp vs ruger LCP:
I owned a Seecamp 32. Beautifully made gun, but the Ruger LCP is both lighter and thinner, although slightly longer and taller as you indicate. I find the Ruger LCP carries better. Even though I'm more of a fan of European handguns, the Ruger LCP is a surprisingly good little gun.

Disagree on the .40S&W but the rest sounds about right. Whats interesting is the 45GAP might be the shortest lived of them all. What other calibers do you think are dying out?

1: .32 ACP
2: .25 auto
3: .41 magnum
4: .32 H&R magnum
5: .40 S&W
6: .45GAP

View attachment 894385
With the popularity of .22 rimfire, I gotta how many of the shooting community realizes that the .25 auto was created to match the power of the .22 but utilize the more reliable center fire ignition system.
Seems like if there were a few more mid-sized autos and some rifles, all chambered in .25 auto, it might be a more popular round (of course, lowering the price to close to the .22 would help immensely as well).

I owned a Seecamp 32. Beautifully made gun, but the Ruger LCP is both lighter and thinner, although slightly longer and taller as you indicate. I find the Ruger LCP carries better. Even though I'm more of a fan of European handguns, the Ruger LCP is a surprisingly good little gun.
I'm still a fan of the Beretta Tomcat.
Not as "micro" as it seemed in the mid 90's, but still a good solid pocket pistol.

With the popularity of .22 rimfire, I gotta how many of the shooting community realizes that the .25 auto was created to match the power of the .22 but utilize the more reliable center fire ignition system.
Seems like if there were a few more mid-sized autos and some rifles, all chambered in .25 auto, it might be a more popular round (of course, lowering the price to close to the .22 would help immensely as well).
I would very much like to have a nice little carbine in both .25 and .32 acp. I once had a rifle in .32 acp (I forget who made it and don't feel like going to look) that looked like an M16/AR15 and it was fun. However it had difficulties feeding lead bullets. It ate FMJ quite well, but at the time I was turned off and sold it. I wish I hadn't.

IMGP0002.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads