JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im considering building an sbr and I will not be using 5.56 because of the crappy ballistics out of short barrels.
Im wondering which has the best ballistics out of an sbr, the 300 or 6.8
The weapon would be used for 200 yds and under, and I want a round that will be good for killing the sh1t out of people if they try to steal my food and hurt my family during the upcoming financial meltdown/shtf...whatever
Also Im not interested in supressed capabilities either...just a kick *** high powered killer round out of a 8-11" barrel

Put down the mouseguns and build a 308 SBR, but to answer your original question see below...
According to AAC's website the 300BLK has better terminal velocity out of an 9" bbl. than 6.8. ( <broken link removed> )
That being said, unless you load your own, 6.8 ammo is significantly cheaper right now.
300BLK also uses standard 5.56 mags and a standard 5.56 BCG.
I load my own and I own a 300BLK myself.
My 2 cents.

And regardless of any potential SHTF event, I wouldn't be posting any intent to kill people.
It makes you sound a little bit crazy, and supports what nitestocker said.

The whole point of the .300 Whisper/Fireball/-.221/-.223/BLK is for silencer use with subsonic ammo. That is the reason it was developed. It is not a new round has been out for over 2 decades now. Remington just bought it more mainstream.

No SBR allowed here but this is a .300 Whisper

DSC_0004-2.jpg

Why not a .338 Whisper? How about a .50 Alaskan? .458 Socom? .50 Beowulf? You can get/build just about any caliber you can come up with in an AR.

I dont watch movies really anymore. You guys are kind of kidding yourselves by saying "killing" an attacker on our life sounds like Im crazy.
Ok you guys can "defend" your family by not going for kill shots, maybe shoot them in the foot so you sound more like a politically correct nice guy, but not me.
If someone was going to attack me or my family in a life threatening way, I am going for world war three on them...you guys can be pc and talk nicely to them while they are raping your wife shooting your dog and killing your kids.
Not to say this will EVER happen...but better be prepared for the worse and it not happen than the other.
Back to the original point of the thread, someone said just go with a sbr 308, that sounds like the best idea

Everyone take a look at this link. It talks about just how unprepared America is for an EMP attack or a huge solar flare that would take us right back to the dark ages. All you that think I or many of us watch too many movies should read this. Also the book "One Second After" is a good one to read.
Better to be prepared for something like this rather than just sit there and make fun of people who prepare for the worst

<broken link removed>

Try 458 SOCOM. You can drive a 600gr projectile at 1000fps, 1811lb-ft of energy. I have fired suppressed Marlin 1895 (45-70 Gov't) with subsonic 405gr ammo and it is a blast, a muffled blast, that is. :) Here is a video.

<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads