JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was also having "issues" with mine a while ago. I found:

1. Definitely keep on the max end of reloads. My "standard" load is 32.5gr of H110/W296 (which is the same powder now-a-days) under a 325gr projectile.
2. Keep lubed in key areas (as mentioned above).
3. Don't "limp wrist" it.
4. It didn't matter who shot mine, it had "issues" fully cycling. I did some research (and "talked" with people). Clean and lube the magazine. Also, when i "store" it, i store 3 rounds in the mag. I found that until it fully "breaks in" that the mag spring has a huge upward force. Keeping it stored with 3 in the mag helps "sag" the spring slightly.

These have helped with my cycling "issues".

Good to see another 50AE shooter out there!

:s0151:

Why I have 3 set up rounds with no primer or powder perfect for storing in the mag.

My mag did hang up with one round in it allowing the round to fall out when handling the mag. The follower was kicking to one side. I need to order up some more mags for it as well.

Cool picture :). Looks kinda like the smile on friends faces when I let them shot it.
It's amazing how hard it is to put your finger on the trigger when you've been raised right :), without pulling it.

I've shot mine one-handed once. Bruised my thumb pretty good. I'm too old now to try and 'look' cool and heal way to clow now :).

Cool picture :). Looks kinda like the smile on friends faces when I let them shot it.
It's amazing how hard it is to put your finger on the trigger when you've been raised right :), without pulling it.

I've shot mine one-handed once. Bruised my thumb pretty good. I'm too old now to try and 'look' cool and heal way to clow now :).

I know I will at some point I will go one-handed, just have to do it. Maybe cheat and use a glove..:cool:

I am going to order up the RCBS seating die and let it do the crimp. Not 100% satisfied with the crimp with the Hornady Die set. I will just back the crimp out on the seating die and let the 4th station have a dedicated crimp die. It's not overly costly and will produce a better round in the long run.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top