JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good evening guys, I'm a chapter commander for a 501c3 non profit. We put 100% of the money we generate back into the community to help veterans in need. My question is, what's the best way to approach business on the industries we all love (guns, knives, accessories, training etc) for donations? We have the tax receipts to issue to cover them, but what's the best way to get donations? In person, email, letter, what? I've been on this site for quite a few years and have found that there is a lot of knowledge and experience here and am not afraid to ask. Also, what do you think would be a good way to convert said items to cash? Gun raffle? Silent auction? Just looking for some input and ideas. If you need any further info or want to tell me to go jump I the river, please send me a pm. Just looking for some answers from guys In the know.

Jeff
972-269-9797
[email protected]

I feel it is always best to ask face-to-face. Get to a manager or someone who can make a decision and present your case clearly and concisely. Never accept "No" from anyone who can't say "Yes".
I've been involved in a couple of raffles. They worked well for us. We raffled a 10-22 once and a Henry lever-action .22 another time. Limited the tickets to 300 and sold them for $5 each. Make sure you have the people and the time to get the tickets sold!! The tickets were easy to sell. People seemed to like the limited number as it improves their chances. With a little effort you know what your return will be. With the auction you are never certain.
Include the cost of the BGC in the auction. Nobody wants to pay to get their free gun. Find an FFL who will donate the transfer if you can.
We got the tickets through AdmitOneProducts online. Their site allows you to design your own ticket. They print them and mail them to you for a reasonable amount. Buy 500 and throw the extras away, it is cheaper than buying less than 500.o_O
Cheap Raffle Ticket Printing
Nobody really seemed to care about a second place or third place prize. Better off to put two or three things together for one better prize, i.e. ammo or sling or scope with the rifle.
Pick something with universal appeal. Who doesn't want a 10-22?? if you are thinking a bigger gun the Henry Yellow Boy has been a successful raffle prize for other groups I know of. The more popular the prize the easier it is to sell the tickets.
Good luck!!

Transparency is paramount; I quit giving to the dinner raffles because the percentage of volunteer winners was way-way over the percentage of "customer" winners.

If I put $50.00 in a raffle can at a store, and an employee wins, it can casts doubt in the minds of people who might participate in future raffles....

I was at a water-fouling forever dinner in Kentucky; every single gun was won by a committee member or a family member of a committee member...last!

Be transparent and people will come. Let us know when the raffle begins.:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top