JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a 89 lb king on my daughters barbie rod was using a hot dawg for bait got it to the side of the boat and a Great White gobbled it up ! I could tell it was 89 lbs because the way it stretched the 2 lb line and the drag was maxed out . I did get a picture but some guys from area 52 pulled up in a zodiac and took it along with the rod . I did however manage to make a sketch of it .
View attachment 1450096
You win the internet today. :D

I have 3 sub 1/2 moa rifles. It all comes down to wind. If I can follow the vapor trail or see the miss splash, I can hold correction and expect a hit in the next couple shots. But 500yds first time? GFL.

I have access to a 100yd private range with hanging 1" wide steel plates on chains. On a couple of them I removed a link so they sit sideways, offering a 1/2" target. With an Atlas bipod and a rear bag, I generally don't miss.

I have 3 sub 1/2 moa rifles. It all comes down to wind. If I can follow the vapor trail or see the miss splash, I can hold correction and expect a hit in the next couple shots. But 500yds first time? GFL.

I have access to a 100yd private range with hanging 1" wide steel plates on chains. On a couple of them I removed a link so they sit sideways, offering a 1/2" target. With an Atlas bipod and a rear bag, I generally don't miss.
Impressive. Are the 3 all bolt guns? Any details would be appreciated. Thanks.

This thread is a troll. "Screenshots or it didn't happen" applies here.

Give me your MV, SD, ES and projectile you used, and I'll give you your hit chance over 1000 shots. I'll assume most accurate wind judgement, say .5mph accuracy, which is about enough to ruffle a blade of grass.

If I'm wrong, I will eat crow, and beg you for info on what you are shooting and your load development :D and training.

This thread is a troll. "Screenshots or it didn't happen" applies here.

Give me your MV, SD, ES and projectile you used, and I'll give you your hit chance over 1000 shots. I'll assume most accurate wind judgement, say .5mph accuracy, which is about enough to ruffle a blade of grass.

If I'm wrong, I will eat crow, and beg you for info on what you are shooting and your load development :D and training.
It's weird, I'm pretty sure he's joking around but he doesn't give any inclination to such. TBH this thread has definitely got me wondering.

BSA CF2 .270 win
5" MPBR Remington Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded, 140gr 2925 fps
227 yard zero
130 yard MRT
265 yard MPBR ,2mil
300 yards -5.9" .5mil
350 yards -12" 1mil
400 yards -20.2" 1.4mil
450 Yards -30.6" 2.1mil
500 yards -43.5" 2.8mil 20mph full value 51.5"

That's about 2.5" per MPH
Hummm

Impressive. Are the 3 all bolt guns? Any details would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yup, all Bolters In chassis… handloaded for accuracy
6.5prc CA Ridgeline in AI chassis, 7-35 Mk5
6.5cm MPA BA, 5-25 Mk5
6.5cm Tikka CTR in KRG XRay chassis, 5-25 Mk5
All sub 0.5moa off bipod and rear bag. The MPA is the most accurate but it also has a 26" heavy barrel; entire rig weighs over 15lbs.

Yah, there is a considerable difference between being able to across multiples, and consistently repeatable across multiples.

Which is it OP?

Are we talking 1/20, 1/10, 1/5 or 5 shot groups (from cold).

Walking them in, mortaring, what?
this ^

If I throw a couple of hundred rounds at a 2" target at 500, I'll probably hit it- Are you nailing it on the first shot? Third or tenth ? Then can you hit it again with, say, every one of your next 5 shots ?

Through a 15X scope, a 2" circle appears about 9" , I'd be lucky to even see that at 500yrds.

Teach me !

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads