JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can do it, too.

I make my 2 inch target by laminating four 4x8 sheets of 1/2 inch plywood. That's 2 inches. I can hit it most of the time at 500 yards.

:)

Bruce

I tightened the action per factory specs factory triggers unadjusted
The Hells Canyon, a lightweight hunting rifle, albeit with a reputation of sub-moa accuracy, with a lightweight 125 GR bullet combining to make .4 MOA groups is impressive. Actually, that .4 MOA may not be true. Your groups would likely need to be smaller than 2" in order to always hit a 2" target. We need to factor both accuracy and precision. If the accuracy (nearness to the center of the target) is off by .2", the precision (group size) needs to be .2" better or there will be occasional misses. So that really is extraordinary.

Given all of these factors, you must have a one-in-a-million gun and be in the top 1/10th percentile of shooters. To be blessed with 3 such guns truly defies all odds.

A 2*plate at 500 yards is roughly equivalent to 3/8" at a 100 yards. I certainly can't shoot that well and from what I see at the range most cant.

The Hells Canyon, a lightweight hunting rifle, albeit with a reputation of sub-moa accuracy, with a lightweight 125 GR bullet combining to make .4 MOA groups is impressive. Actually, that .4 MOA may not be true. Your groups would likely need to be smaller than 2" in order to always hit a 2" target. We need to factor both accuracy and precision. If the accuracy (nearness to the center of the target) is off by .2", the precision (group size) needs to be .2" better or there will be occasional misses. So that really is extraordinary.

Given all of these factors, you must have a one-in-a-million gun and be in the top 1/10th percentile of shooters. To be blessed with 3 such guns truly defies all odds.
I have gone through a lot of rifles over the years and yes some were ok hunting rifles but these three have been exceptional I am going to work with my Steyr next has not shot well with 150's tried 130's and all nice one in groups at 100 yards this one does have set triggers .

No vice or lead sled just a bag using only shoulder for the back
I appreciate your response. I don't doubt you have hit your target at that range but no way its consistently repeatable across multiple rifles/calibers.

If I'm wrong, you should be out setting world records, not posting here . :D

I have gone through a lot of rifles over the years and yes some were ok hunting rifles but these three have been exceptional I am going to work with my Steyr next has not shot well with 150's tried 130's and all nice one in groups at 100 yards this one does have set triggers .
If you really can do this, you should work out a way to prove it on video. You'd be a sensation. What you're claiming is incredible, which can mean either beyond amazing, or so improbable as to lack credibility. I hope it is the former.

I appreciate your response. I don't doubt you have hit your target at that range but no way its consistently repeatable across multiple rifles/calibers.

If I'm wrong, you should be out setting world records, not posting here . :D
Yah, there is a considerable difference between being able to across multiples, and consistently repeatable across multiples.

Which is it OP?

Are we talking 1/20, 1/10, 1/5 or 5 shot groups (from cold).

Walking them in, mortaring, what?

Last Edited:
Yah, there is a considerable difference between being able to across multiples, and consistently repeatable across multiples.

Which is it OP?

Are we talking 1/20, 1/10, 1/5 or 5 shot groups (from cold).

Walking them in, mortaring, what?
This one time I was fishing I reeled in this king salmon....... this MAMMOTH had to be at LEAST 80 pounds! MY buddy was there, he can vouch for me. We didn't get a picture because we were too busy fighting this BEAST with everything we had! It was a record setter for sure! I was a nice guy and released him back but damn man you really shoulda seen it! It was at my SECRET spot, I'll never tell anyone where it is I'm taking that sh!t to my grave! But really I'm telling you I caught the BIGGEST salmon EVER!!

Or something. :D

This one time I was fishing I reeled in this king salmon....... this MAMMOTH had to be at LEAST 80 pounds! MY buddy was there, he can vouch for me. We didn't get a picture because we were too busy fighting this BEAST with everything we had! It was a record setter for sure! I was a nice guy and released him back but damn man you really shoulda seen it! It was at my SECRET spot, I'll never tell anyone where it is I'm taking that sh!t to my grave! But really I'm telling you I caught the BIGGEST salmon EVER!!

Or something. :D
I got a 89 lb king on my daughters barbie rod was using a hot dawg for bait got it to the side of the boat and a Great White gobbled it up ! I could tell it was 89 lbs because the way it stretched the 2 lb line and the drag was maxed out . I did get a picture but some guys from area 52 pulled up in a zodiac and took it along with the rod . I did however manage to make a sketch of it .
1688861026338.png

I got a 89 lb king on my daughters barbie rod was using a hot dawg for bait got it to the side of the boat and a Great White gobbled it up ! I could tell it was 89 lbs because the way it stretched the 2 lb line and the drag was maxed out . I did get a picture but some guys from area 52 pulled up in a zodiac and took it along with the rod . I did however manage to make a sketch of it .
View attachment 1450096
He might be legit. Pretty sure I saw this fish, or one just like it, off the coast near Newport.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top