JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who is shooting all of their rigs out to 500 yards on the regular ? I am not talking about 22 lr but center fire ? I play a game with off the shelf ammo not even match and have all of my rifles hitting a 2in plate at 500 yards and under . I am asking is that the norm ? I was at the range and a guy had a "Precision Rifle " with hand loads and was having issues at the 500 yard mark . I have been shooting for about 50 years is it a either you have it or you don't or some other special formula ?

500 meters is a fairly easy shot. I used to think that was a super far distance until we qualified at 500 meters with 5.56 and iron sights.

Now with a scope it's a piece of cake.

A 2in diameter circle is another story. I've never tried. But I'm sure it's difficult.

Last Edited:
A 2 inch plate at 500 yards? My highest magnification scope is only 12X. Man, I'm not sure I could see a 2 inch plate at 500 yards. I suppose I could hit it, IF I had an unlimited supply of ammo, eventually. I don't own any "precision" rifles. I've got a few that are pretty darn accurate, but I haven't had an opportunity to shoot anywhere close to 500 yards in decades.

A 2 inch plate at 500 yards? My highest magnification scope is only 12X. Man, I'm not sure I could see a 2 inch plate at 500 yards. I suppose I could hit it, IF I had an unlimited supply of ammo, eventually. I don't own any "precision" rifles. I've got a few that are pretty darn accurate, but I haven't had an opportunity to shoot anywhere close to 500 yards in decades.
Hit me up on a PM we can get you out as a guest at the range my treat

Thanks for the offer, but if you're hitting 2" plates at 500 yards, I'd only embarrass myself. I'm not that good at Kentucky windage. :(
I love when someone says they cant I am saying you can ! My son has only shot a few years and he is on it ! I know that I have figured out the set up but totally doable ! There is a PRS match at least once a month $5 charge at the Siletz Range check the Calander lots of nice people !

I love when someone says they cant I am saying you can ! My son has only shot a few years and he is on it ! I know that I have figured out the set up but totally doable ! There is a PRS match at least once a month $5 charge at the Siletz Range check the Calander lots of nice people !
Do you use those dialup turrets, or just holdover? What power scope do you typically use? Using one of my hunting rifles, say .25-06, I could worry a dinner plate at that distance (with a solid rest/sandbags), but not a 2" plate.

Two inches at 500 yards is equivalent to 0.4 inches at 100 yards, not taking into account wind, etc. Very few rifles, ammunition, or shooters are that capable.

Bruce

Two inches at 500 yards is equivalent to 0.4 inches at 100 yards, not taking into account wind, etc. Very few rifles, ammunition, or shooters are that capable.

Bruce
Did it today with at least 20 mph gusts the 6.5 c is winning me over for sure and yes dial up turrets is there any other way lol yes I use holdover for my 308

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top