JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow
I just bought one and it took 15 min. They call NICS here.
WHy Oregon continues to insert their process in the middle vs using the federal process.
MAks you ask - WHY? Got to cost money.
SO are they capturing other data or is Oregon of the mind set - "Not Invented Here"

dealers won't turn over the firearm unless they have the clearance from OSP because of fear of legal action should they turn over a firearm to someone who shouldn't have one. They have to cover their own butt.

Thanks again guys! I spent a few hours last night reading statutes and the brady act and some fbi fact pages... OSP needs to get their act together in my opinion. If it takes them 5 weeks to process an application that has a $10 fee how many man hours are they spending on it and are they really creating revenue for themselves? I think not. A little co-mingling between agencys might be effective in this situation being how I have my chl. Standing there with a gun on my hip legally, but I cant buy another one cause I could be getting ready to go postal...? Just shake my head and laugh I guess.

Tomorrow will be the 3rd business day and Im gonna go in the shop and see what he says. I want to support a local family owned business especially since they have the pistol I want sitting there.But I also have friends with ffl that can get me the gun. I just have to wait for it to ship which sucks too.

I just bought a RIA 1911 or tried to and the guy told me he entered the background stuff online and they put a hold on it till 4/26/12. This was last friday the 16th. Has anyone else ever heard of this type of deal:huh: My friend at work said he thought they did away with the cooling off period because you can do backgrounds online now. I remember a few years ago when my Dad bought one of his pistols and left with it right then? I dont know anything except I have 350 rounds for the gun and now Im supposed to wait 5 weeks? For what? Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Brandon:s0155:

Good lord, I walk in and buy it and 5 minutes later I'm on the road with it here In Idaho. Move man move! you think criminals wait that long? nope just you. Move out of the peoples republic of Oregon and up here to North Idaho we need as many red blooded Americans as we can get. Sorry I cant add more than that but maybe try to buy one from a private seller who will send it to you or deliver it.

Good lord, I walk in and buy it and 5 minutes later I'm on the road with it here In Idaho. Move man move! you think criminals wait that long? nope just you. Move out of the peoples republic of Oregon and up here to North Idaho we need as many red blooded Americans as we can get. Sorry I cant add more than that but maybe try to buy one from a private seller who will send it to you or deliver it.

Its funny you mention that moving subject. I keep trying to talk my wife into moving Idaho or Arizona. I was just over around Boise driving around picturing myself taking 600 yard shots at antelope. Its all brush, mud and yuppys here:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top