JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those that love recoil what could be more rewarding than spending a day on the range with a handgun cartridge that reminds you every time you touch one off that you are alive? Or for us Marines the eiry feeling of a hand grenade going off just outside of the killzone radius, but close enough to remind you to be alert. According to SAAMI the pressure for the 454 Casull which requires a small rifle primer for ignition are similar to that of the 300 Weatherby Magnum rifle cartridge. Finally getting a chance to test the effects of barrel length on the velocity of the 454 Casull is something I have always wanted to do.
Chronograph Data Here
DSC02377.jpg

Thanks again for being up another round that.... is oh so big and powerful!

I think you nailed it when using the R92 16" as a test rifle. Even if it's the only one available. The barrel length is about right for such a shoulder cannon (vs a 20").

Your write up on the .300AAC the other week was very helpful as well.

That's a shorty!! Mine has a 61/4" barrel and its ported. I bet that really thumps you good!!!

Stacy

I've got the same with a 8 3/4 barrel. It still kicks hard. Heaven forbid you forget to put the ear plugs in.:p

Nice article revolverguy. Gonna try reloading some casull pretty soon, that should help.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top