JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those that love recoil what could be more rewarding than spending a day on the range with a handgun cartridge that reminds you every time you touch one off that you are alive? Or for us Marines the eiry feeling of a hand grenade going off just outside of the killzone radius, but close enough to remind you to be alert. According to SAAMI the pressure for the 454 Casull which requires a small rifle primer for ignition are similar to that of the 300 Weatherby Magnum rifle cartridge. Finally getting a chance to test the effects of barrel length on the velocity of the 454 Casull is something I have always wanted to do.
Chronograph Data Here
DSC02377.jpg

Thanks again for being up another round that.... is oh so big and powerful!

I think you nailed it when using the R92 16" as a test rifle. Even if it's the only one available. The barrel length is about right for such a shoulder cannon (vs a 20").

Your write up on the .300AAC the other week was very helpful as well.

That's a shorty!! Mine has a 61/4" barrel and its ported. I bet that really thumps you good!!!

Stacy

I've got the same with a 8 3/4 barrel. It still kicks hard. Heaven forbid you forget to put the ear plugs in.:p

Nice article revolverguy. Gonna try reloading some casull pretty soon, that should help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top