JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any suggestions for middle of the road bullets for reloading? I'm not reloading for match, but don't want to buy bottom of the barrel stuff either. Im not sure what grain ill be reloading the .40 in, but ill be between 150 to 175 grain in the .30 for shooting in my AR-10's. I saw some 180grain .40 from berry's the other day for only $.10 bullet, but im not sure if its bubblegum.

I haven't used the Berry's bullets, but I've heard that they're good. 10 cents each seems fair, especially nowadays.
As to 30 cal bullets, it depends on what you're using them for (hunting, target, plinking). I've used a lot of 147gr FMJ in the .308, but inexpensive surplus FMJ is hard to find. I've found that often bulk SP hunting bullets sell for about the same price now, and are typically much more accurate.

.40 = 180gr is good, I run 165's for lighter recoil
.308 = 150gr-168gr or 175's depending on barrel twist.

Berry's are fine, but you need to keep your velocity under a certain speed, don't recall exactly what, 1400?
And they are PLATED, not jacketed, so you need to readjust your taper crimp. They are more like a cast bullet.

When I'm not using my own cast I'm kind of partial to these when the price is right. 20210102_081237.jpg

Thanks for all the help guys
As an after note in my experience most of the plated bullets perform about the same no matter where they come from in my experience. Rainier, xtreme, rmr, hsm...others? I've had good luck with them all in a similar load with the same pistol for practice ammo. Find the price you want. YMMV of course but they all seem to do fine in my shield.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top